Selling convenience to the new leisure generation
- OUTDOOR INSPIRATIONS ABOUND. Ingram, Cinde W. // Casual Living;Jul2015, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p112
The author previews the summer markets that will be held in the U.S. in August 2015 and the outdoor inspirations that they will provide. Topics covered include how Americans are living a more active lifestyle and want to be more connected with nature and the steady growth of the outdoor...
- What residential can learn from thriving contract sector. Andrews, Susan M. // Furniture/Today;3/26/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p200
The article discusses some facts and lessons that residential home furnishings company in the U.S. can learn from the contract segment of the industry. The contract market's demand for high-quality fabrics can help companies survive the competition with low-cost foreign products. Innovation in...
- Klaussner airing local TV show during market. // Furniture/Today;3/24/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 30, p14
The article reports on the television news and information program "Klaussner at Market" being produced by upholstery and case goods maker Klaussner Home Furnishings which will be aired on local North Carolina television during the April 2014 High Point Market home furnishings trade show.
- Lifestyle factors influence sales. // Housewares;Oct2003, Issue 177, p38
Reports on the influence of the lifestyle marketing on the housewares retailing in Great Britain. Increase in the houseware spending; Trends in housewares; Forecast of Mintel on the housewares industry.
- Remodeling reality TV. Evans, Terry C. // Home Channel News;7/1/2003, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p9
Comments on the marketing strategies of home improvement manufacturers and retailers in the U.S. Television advertising; Reason for the creation of home improvement television competition.
- Industry Calendar. // Furniture/Today;9/4/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p24
The article presents a calendar of shows, fairs, and exhibitions in the Furniture Industry for September and October 2006. An exhibition titled "MAFEX: Malaysia Furniture Export Exhibition," will be held between September 6 to 9 2006 at Malaysia. "International Fair Chengdu," is scheduled for...
- Educational seminars on tap for market. // Furniture/Today;4/5/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p20
Provides information on educational seminars that are to be held in the United States during the April 2004 International Home Furnishings Market. "Actions for Transactions: When They Just Aren't Buying"; "Multiple Showrooms: A Plan for Success"; "Money In Your Mattresses"; "eBusiness in the...
- Live from High Point. // Furniture/Today;4/12/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p4
Reports that Magnussen Home's Cristina Ferrare Collection will be featured on the "Good Day Live" broadcast over Fox Television network in the U.S. Expected audience for the launch of the furniture line; Broadcasting of the show from the Magnussen showroom.
- Top Five ready to charge ahead. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;08/21/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p19
Focuses on the five biggest furniture retailers in Canada in 1999. Furniture, bedding and accessory sales; Retailers' invasion of the traditional territory of the buying groups and creation of franchise opportunities; Sears Canada's retention of its position as the number one furniture...