B&B Italia opens its doors in London to student designs
- MODERN & MAGICAL. DAVISON, CANDACE BRAUN // Veranda;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p74
The article focuses on the artistic vision combined with engineering innovation in the design approach of B&B Italia SpA to make a sleek console table look right in a rustic stone-lined farmhouse and sofas more streamlined as well as tables more seamless.
- In the Fast Lane. Bussel, Abby // Interior Design;May2002, Vol. 73 Issue 5, p284
Details the design of the furniture showroom of retailer B&B Italia in London, England. Use of the back terrace of the showroom; Display of finplice chaises in the entry area; Feature of a skylight at the mezzanine.
- Leather upholstery. // Cabinet Maker;7/20/2007, Issue 5547, p16
The article evaluates several leather upholstered sofas including the Antonia Lounge from Leolux company, Luis from B&B Italia SpA and the Stressless Paradise from Ekornes Ltd.
- Milan's 43rd Annual Salone del Mobile: A weeklong
celebration of design. Minutillo, Josephine // Architectural Record;Jul2004, Vol. 192 Issue 7, p211
Milan's Salone del Mobile is unlike any other furniture fair people are likely to attend. For an entire week every April, in Milan, Italy, and it's not just furniture lovers who come to take part in the spectacle. From retailers and architects to fashion designers and car makers, attendees come...
- PATRICIA URQUIOLA. DORIAN, DONNA // Garden Design;May2009, Issue 159, p86
The article features Spanish-born furniture designer Patricia Urquiola. In 2008, she launched new lines of outdoor furniture for Moroso, B&B Italia and emu. She started designing for De Padova in 1990, where she co-designed a range of objects with Vico Magistretti. She mentioned that when she...
- a butterfly emerges. // Interior Design;Jun2012, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p94
The article offers information on chairs designed by Japanese industrial designer Naoto Fukasawa for Italian modern furniture company B and B Italia, including the Love Papilio chair, the love seat, and the Mini Papilio chair.
- welcome back. Busch, Jennifer Thiele // Contract;Dec2006, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p28
The article reports that Novedrate, Italy-based B&B Italia is officially applying its high-design perspective to Project Collection, a standard furniture line for the commercial marketplace. The line offers consumers the option of specifying furnishings that specifically are designed for the...
- New showroom full of introductions. // Architectural Record;Jul2003, Vol. 191 Issue 7, p218
For the first time in almost 40 years, B&B Italia SpA was a no-show at the furniture fair. B&B abandoned its stand at the fairgrounds this year to present at its sprawling new showroom, also by Citterio, on Milan's fashionable Via Durini. The Andy sofa collection by Paolo Piva was expanded this...
- John Pawson and Antonio Citterio team to transform a former car dealership into a showplace for B&B Italia. Pearman, Hugh // Architectural Record;Mar2003, Vol. 191 Issue 3, p209
Focuses on the architecture and interior decoration of London, England based showroom of furniture selling company B&B Italia SpA. Design of the showroom by Great Britain-based architect John Pawson; Furniture and lighting designs by the interior designer Antonio Citterio; Other incharges of...