Bridging a stock gap
- Housing Units' fine forecast. // Cabinet Maker;6/6/2003, Issue 5341, p3
Reports on the construction of the distribution and office center of the furniture retailer Housing Units in Manchester, England. Warehouse size; Benefits of the expansion for the company.
- Ashley eyes East Coast. // Furniture/Today;12/19/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p6
The article reports on the plan of manufacturer and importer Ashley Furniture Industries Inc. to build a 1.2 million-square-foot facility in the U.S. The planned facility will house a distribution center, upholstery production and intermodal transportation terminal. The facility will have...
- Bassett ups dividend 12.5%. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;3/24/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 29, p94
The article reports on the plan of Bassett Furniture Industries Inc., a Bassett, Virginia-based furniture group, to increase its common stock dividend by 12.5%. It was stated that the company's board of directors voted to step-up the common stock dividend to create an aggressive share repurchase...
- Bedding format takes it easy. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;7/21/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p26
Reports on the plan of furniture Mattress Warehouse to target market in Lexington, Kentucky. Sales performance of the company; Development of its customer service; Product innovations.
- Boulevard to open Utah warehouse in May. // Furniture/Today;3/6/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p18
The article reports on the business plans of Boulevard Home Furnishings to open a warehouse in Utah. The warehouse will have a 130,000-square-foot area of furniture and appliance repair shops, office space, and a workout facility. Moreover, the company, which was established by the Wittwer...
- Coconis to triple distribution center capacity. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;11/29/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p34
Reports on the plan of Coconis Furniture to build a distribution center in Ohio. Value of the project; Features of the planned distribution center; Company operations.
- Flexible growth. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;4/28/2006, Issue 5485, p18
The article presents information related to Zocalo, a furniture supplier in Great Britain. According to Derek Kehoe, commercial director, the company's ability to bend with the market is the main reason behind the company's growth. The biggest factor affecting its market is the Asian influence....
- Flotation for Land of Leather. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;3/11/2005, Issue 5429, p4
Reports on the plan of SB Capital Europe to make a return to its investment in Land of Leather in Great Britain. Percentageof stake acquired in the retailer; Amount paid by SB Capital for its shareholding; Positive impact of the flotation on the Land of Leathe's management.
- Sun Capital sells some of its FBI stake. Combs, Heath E. // Furniture/Today;3/16/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 27, p31
The article reports on the decision of Sun Capital Partners Inc. to sell its 711,853 shares at Furniture Brands International Inc. (FBI) in Boca Raton, Florida. The move is claimed to be due to the substantial resources equity investing requires and is part of the company's strategy to focus on...