Strong sales prompt confidence for Easter
- Cool snap breaks sales growth. // Credit Management;Jun2004, p16
Retail sales slowed in March 2004, says the British Retail Consortium, with like-for-like sales growth cut to 1.3 per cent. The CBI put the sluggish sales down to poor weather and said that forecasts for April 2004 remained strong. A note of caution was however struck by John Longworth, chairman...
- Sales growth continued in September. // Cabinet Maker;10/1/2004, Issue 5408, p3
The article reports on the trends of retail sales pattern of furniture and floor-coverings for September 2004. Furniture and floor coverings retailers saw another month of growth in September, although the rate slowed significantly. Retail stores reported an increase in sales volumes compared to...
- Retail slowdown. van Wyngen, Gerry // BRW;8/19/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p12
Assesses the status of Australian's retail industry. Increase in retail sales; Impact of increasing interest rates on consumer confidence and consumer's ability to spend; Factors affecting retail spending; Growth in household's disposable income, negative savings and home withdrawals; Changes in...
- July sales bonanza. // Cabinet Maker;8/6/2004, Issue 5400, p8
Reports on the sales of furniture and floor coverings retailers in Great Britain. Sales forecast of retailers; Impact of interest rate increases on consumer spending; Reduction in growth.
- Retailers see sales growth bounce back. // Cabinet Maker;2/6/2004, Issue 5374, p6
Reports on sales of British furniture and floor coverings retailers in January 2004. Comparison with December 2003 and January 2002 figures; Performance of furniture stores and durable household goods retailers; Overall retail sales volumes.
- May's sales growth looks set to continue. // Cabinet Maker;6/4/2004, Issue 5391, p4
Reports on the growth of sales in volume for furniture and floor covering retailers in Great Britain as of May 2004. Comparison of the month's sales increase with the previous month; Projected sales growth by June, 2004; Key drivers of consumer's willingness to spend.
- August sales suffer as confidence falls. // Cabinet Maker;9/7/2007, Issue 5554, p5
The article reports that the sales in furniture and homewares had slowed down on August in Great Britain. According to the author, the British Retail Sales Monitor found that bed, bedroom furniture and upholstery slowed and growth in fitted kitchens and bathrooms was largely discount-driven. He...
- Growth drops a gear. // Cabinet Maker;4/5/2002, Issue 5281, p1
Reports the increase in the annual sales of furniture and floorcoverings in Great Britain as of March 2001.
- Untitled. // Cabinet Maker;5/9/2003, Issue 5337, p5
Reports on trend in retail sales of furniture and floor coverings in Great Britain.