- Determining the Size of the Temporary Workforce-An Inventory Modeling Approach. Herer, Yale T.; Harel, Gedaliahu H. // Human Resource Planning;1998, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p20
The article focuses on the phenomenon of contingent employment, which has been on the rise in most industrialized countries since the late 1970s. Contingent arrangements no longer function solely as stopgap measures; indeed, in many firms they have become an integral feature of human resource...
- Marks & Spencer Uses Mobile Tech to Poll Over 60,000 Workers in Five Countries. Hower, Mike // SB Communications Weekly;10/23/2014, p1
The article informs that the British multinational retailer Marks & Spencer (M&S) has supplied 64,230 workers across 46 manufacturing locations in five countries including China, India, Bangladesh. It informs that M&S will use such work force for providing training programs on workplace...
- Establishment Data Annual Averages. // Employment & Earnings;Mar2004, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p165
Provides information on the data employment annual averages in the United States. Employees on nonfarm payrolls by major industry sector and selected industry detail; Production on nonsupervisory workers on private nonfarm payrolls by major industry sector; Average hours and earnings of...
- Explanatory Notes and Estimates of Error. // Employment & Earnings;Aug2004, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p164
Presents the results of a survey on employment status in the United States. Multiple jobholding; Unpaid absences from jobs; Hours of work; Unemployment insurance; Employment covered by State unemployment insurance programs; Reasons for unemployment; Noncomparability of labor force levels.
- EMPLOYMENT, HOURS, AND EARNINGS DATA FROM ESTABLISHMENT SURVEYS. // Monthly Labor Review;Feb80, Vol. 103 Issue 2, p80
Presents employment, hours and earnings data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics as of 1979. Labor turnover; Employment by industry; Employment by state; Hours and earnings.
- Regions, States, Areas, and Divisions Annual Averages. // Employment & Earnings;May2006, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p177
Several charts are presented that list the annual average of the state and area employment, hours and earnings of workers, as well as the labor force of the regions and divisions in the U.S.
- Employment and Unemployment Developments, December 2002. // Employment & Earnings;Jan2003, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p1
Presents employment and unemployment developments as of December 2002 in the U.S. Unemployment; Total employment and labor force; Percentage of persons not in the labor force; Industry payroll employment; Weekly hours; Hourly and weekly earnings.
- Summary of Tables and Charts. // Employment & Earnings;Jun2004, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p3
Presents charts and tables concerning employment and unemployment developments in the United States. Major labor force status categories; Employment, hours and earnings of employees on nonfarm payrolls; Employment status of the civilian noninstitutional population; Employed and unemployed full-...
- Summary Tables and Charts. // Employment & Earnings;Jul2004, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p3
Presents data concerning employment in the United States as of June 2004. Major labor force status; Hours and earnings of employees on nonfarm payrolls; Employment status of the civilian noninstitutional population 16 years and over; Employed and unemployed full- and part-time workers by sex and...