Cheers for Wilkinson
- Pastoral partnership. // Cabinet Maker;11/14/97, Issue 5064, p12
Presents the remarks by Wiltshire, England-based husband and wife Mark and Cynthia Wilkinson on their marriage and their business Mark Wilkinson Furniture. Development of Mark Wilkinson's designing skills and significance of his dyslexia to his career; Factors for the couple's strong marriage;...
- Mark Wilkinson: possible redundancies. // Cabinet Maker;12/5/2008, Issue 5617, p9
The article reports that it has been confirmed by Mark Wilkinson Furniture that there is a possibility for redundancies but no exact figures can be disclosed. According to a spokesperson for Mark Wilkinson Furniture, the company had a terrific year in 2008 and any redundancies will be purely...
- Payout for kitchen copy. // Cabinet Maker;4/13/2007, Issue 5533, p6
The article reports on the agreement of Mark Wilkinson Furniture to accept Â£26,000 in damages and cost to disburse for kitchen copy in Great Britain. The copy of the kitchen was discovered in an article in "Yorkshire Life" magazine in February 2006. Steven Hirst produced illustrations created...
- Kitchen design issues resolved. // Cabinet Maker;2/17/2006, Issue 5476, p4
The article reports on the settlement of an infringement case between Mark Wilkinson Furniture and kitchen designer and manufacturer Kredenza Ltd. The latter company claimed that they did not indirectly copy or procure a copy of any furniture designed or manufactured by Mark Wilkinson. Gordon...
- Awards CAP good performance. // Cabinet Maker;11/2/2001, Issue 5262, p29
Focuses on the presentation of awards to the staff of Costumers, Attention to detail and Pride in Great Britain. Shopping vouchers received by the staff members; Value of the shopping vouchers; Rewards for introducing a visual ordering system in the goods-in department.
- Smallbone buys MWF. // Cabinet Maker;6/24/2005, Issue 5444, p6
Reports that Charles Smallbone and Mark Wilkinson are to be reunited in business 25 years after they founded fitted furniture retailer Smallbone, following the purchase of Mark Wilkinson Furniture (MWF). MWF to continue to run as a separate company by Mark and Cynthia Wilkinson, who have joined...
- Smallbone sale saves 400 jobs. // Cabinet Maker;3/27/2009, Issue 5630, p8
The article reports on the acquisition of Smallbone PLC and Mark Wilkinson Furniture by Canburg Ltd. in Great Britain. It states that the sales secures the employment of about 400 staff and it also protects the position of customer deposits. In connection, Mark Shires and Rob Lewis of...
- Offcuts. // Cabinet Maker;7/13/2001, Issue 5246, p33
Reports developments in the furniture industry in Great Britain as of July 2001. Retirement of Stanley Fisher, a wood carver for REH Kennedy; Visitation of actor Bill Meynard to the World of Furniture; Award given to Chiselwood as the Licncolnshire Winning Business for 2001.
- Holland returns as host for The Furniture Awards. // Cabinet Maker;12/5/2003, Issue 5367, p5
Highlights the Furniture Awards gala dinner in Europe. Programs and activities; Host of the event; Sponsor.