Exhibiting in Europe
- The euro and your business. Bowring, Joanna // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p36
Focuses on the introduction of euro, the European currency unit, into the industry and how companies can benefit from it. Three phases of timetable for the euro; Preparations made by companies for euro; How the companies should manage challenges in euro.
- Euro launch creates threats, opportunity. HOWARD, LISA S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/18/99, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p6
Discusses the potential impact of euro, a single currency in the European Union countries that took effect on January 1, 1999. Intention of the European monetary union; View of chief economist Janette Weir; Ways in which euro will affect markets, according to a fact sheet on the euro.
- Say Hello to the Euro. Schwartz, Beth M. // Transportation & Distribution;Feb99, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p82
Focuses on the European Monetary Union's transition to a single currency, the euro, on January 1, 1999. Overview about the euro; Impact on businesses; Advantage of being euro compliant.
- The value of European currency options and log-stable... McCulloch, J. Huston; So, Jacky C. // International Advances in Economic Research;Nov97, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p425
States that the distribution of foreign exchange rate changes are non-normal Paretian. Pricing errors of the European currency options; Performance of the log-stable model.
- Euro Could Leave London Out Of Loop. HOWARD, LISA S. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;03/22/99, Vol. 103 Issue 12, p7
Reveals the loss that financial services sector in London, England may experience if United Kingdom (UK) opts to stays out of the European single currency. Concern of the London insurance market; Business advantages in London; What prompted companies to leave London.
- Awaiting the Euro's Impact. Ozzard, Janet // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/2/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 64, p26
Provides information on the roundtable called `Europe Gets Energized: The Coming of the Euro.' Roundtable panelists; Discussion on manufacturing price; Advantages of the European Monetary Union (EMU).
- You and the euro. Vrancken, Mariet // Credit Management;Sep98, p28
Presents views on euro, the trading currency in Europe. Market implications; Concerns on the currency; Complications of the euro; Impact on companies.
- Filling the hole in the doughnut. Butler, Rick // Global Finance;Jun98, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p10
Discusses the changes made by the European Monetary Union in the Europe's bond exchange before the launching of its euro currency. Companies that played a great role in the United States corporate bond market; Areas of the bond market that will be affected by the euro; Pressure posed on banks.
- Bold venture launches into the unknown. Shannon, Darren // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/18/1998, Vol. 42 Issue 51, p13
Looks at the impact of euro, the monetary union in Europe, on the banking industry of Middle East. Information on the euro; States that have participated in European Monetary Union (EMU); Forecast on the industry including foreign exchange dealing. INSET: The euro: risks and rewards.