London calls for a single voice
- Make your visit to a trade show pay. Daniel, Joseph E. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/1/93, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p104
Presents money-saving ideas in attending trade shows. Identification of one's motive; Use of barter; Investing in a portable booth; Traveling economically.
- State Fair - A Texas Tradition. Hutchison, Kay Bailey // Graham Leader;10/4/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 15, p8
In this article the author discusses the history as well as the economic benefits offered by the State Fair of Texas, which started as the Dallas State Fair and Exposition in 1886.
- Getting your money's worth from trade shows. Van Kirk, Dougf // InfoWorld;12/20/93, Vol. 15 Issue 51, p46
Focuses on the effect of shrinking information systems (IS) budgets on trade shows. Value of trade shows to vendors; Trend in reduction of trade show attendance; Search for cost-effective alternatives for networking with other IS professionals; Vendor orientation of trade shows; Problem with...
- Exhibitions drive visits. // Travel Daily;5/25/2012, p2
The article reports on the research conducted by the Exhibition and Event Association of Australia which indicates the exhibitions are important in boosting the country's tourism.
- Show business. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Entrepreneur;Sep95, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p90
Details on how to maximize the potential benefits from the association's trade show or the industrial annual convention. Tips to maximize profits from trade shows.
- CEIR Index Falls for Third Straight Year in 2010. Kovaleski, Dave // Association Meetings Exclusive Insight;5/4/2011, p2
The article reports on the decline of the U.S. exhibition industry in 2010 for the third consecutive year based on the Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR) Index.
- 'Twas ever thus. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/7/1992, Vol. 137 Issue 23, p21
States that although US aerospace companies are griping about the fiendishly high costs of air shows, the grouped US exhibit at Abu Dhabi's IDEX '93 defense show next February is sold out. Advance bookings for the US Pavilion to the Dubai '93 aerospace show next November are also said to be strong.
- Fair flourishes. Ajango, Deb // Alaska Business Monthly;May94, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p38
Discusses the economic benefits which comes from Alaska's regional fairs. Official state fair of Alaska for even and odd years; Employment opportunities during fair season; Contribution to the local economy; Recipe for fair-business success; Sources of fair's revenue.
- U.S. trade shows find new venue in Russia. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's New York Business;9/20/93, Vol. 9 Issue 38, p30
Reports on the feasibility of holding trade shows in the former Soviet Union. Facilities in the Soviet bloc as more expensive than in the United States; Comtek as the most prolific American trade show organizer in the former Soviet Union; SMS' staging of the first Religious World Exposition and...