Siemens puts Expo on net
- Internet by phone. Sinha, Gunjan; Vizard, Frank // Popular Science;Sep98, Vol. 253 Issue 3, p47
Reports on the prototype computer software system entiled `Delivering Information in a Cellular Environment,' (DICE) developed by the Siemens company, which puts the Internet on the telephone. How the system works; Navigation of the Word Wide Web using a toch-tone browser; When the system will...
- Siemens Plantville Celebrates One Year, Announces New Features. // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;May2012, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p14
The article informs that Siemens AG is celebrating the completion of one year of the online game, Plantville, and information on the addition of several new features to the game is also presented.
- Siemens begins IP voice integration. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;07/13/98, Vol. 235 Issue 2, p8
Reports that Siemens Telecom Networks has begun integrating NetSpeak's Internet protocol telephony applications into its InterXpress 2000 carrier-grade IP telephony platform. Terms under the deal; Value-added applications; Marketing of the InterExpress 1000 platform; Features of the InterXpress...
- Digital enterprise captures all plant processes. Vavra, Bob // Control Engineering;Jul2014, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p28
The article presents views of Anton Huber, chief executive officer of Siemens Industry Automation Division, regarding increasing complexity of manufacturing process due to Internet of things in automation area, given at the Siemens 2014 Automation Summit held in Orlando, Florida on June 25, 2014.
- VoIP emergency communicator. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Sep2015, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p69
The article evaluates the Intelligent Voice Communication systems from Siemens AG.
- Siemens unveils remote VoIP gear. Hochmuth, Phil // Network World;2/11/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p15
Introduces HiCom small and midsize phone switches from Siemens. Product support; Specification; Contact information. INSET: Taking the HiPath..
- Untitled. Hall, Kathleen // Computer Weekly;1/18/2011, Issue 3, p79
The article reports on the contract signed between the Kent County Council (KCC) in Michigan and Siemens AG for the implementation of converged internet protocol (IP) telephony and unified communications. According to the KCC, the advanced communications technology from Siemens will assist the...
- VoIP Rings in the New Year. Connolly, P. J. // InfoWorld;1/3/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p30
This article comments on the emerging trends concerning voice-over Internet protocol (VoIP) in the U.S. market as of January 2005. Private branch exchange companies Avaya and Siemens have tried to take advantage of the VoIP trend by introducing line cards for their systems that will only support...
- IP networking architecture takes step toward standardization. Flanagan, Patrick // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jan98, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p11
Reports that network vendors Siemens Telecom Networks, Newbridge Networks, and 3Com Corporation, have joined forces to form carrier scale internetworking (CSI), a standard-based architecture for an end-to-end Internet protocol networking infrastructure. Use of the CSI to provide better levels...