P&O wins golf tour contract
- PGA Tour cashes in. Sirak, Ron; Russell, Geoff // Golf World;7/20/2001, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the contract forged by the Professional Golfers' Association of America (PGA) with television (TV) networks CBS, ABC and NBC for the TV broadcasting of PGA events.
- State of the union. // Golf World;08/15/97, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p8
Presents information on negotiations for contract renewal of Professional Golf Association (PGA) Tour rules officials. Reason for tour official's low salary; Tour official's laments on their salary.
- Michelob tapped out on Kingsmill event. Sirak, Ron; Russell, Geoff // Golf World;
Reports on the renewal of contracts of Professional Golfers' Association of America Tour sponsors in 2002.
- A new TV picture. // Golf World;05/16/97, Vol. 50 Issue 40, p2
Focuses on the contract between the Professional Golfers' Association Tour and the television networks. How the tour and its players will benefit from the deal; Advantages of the agreement; Highlights of the deal; List of winning and losing networks involved in the deal.
- On the outside looking. // Golf World;05/16/97, Vol. 50 Issue 40, p2
Presents information about the problems encountered by the Professional Golfers' Association Tour on television negotiations.
- The beat goes on. Sirak, Ron; Russell, Geoff; Herrington, Ryan // Golf World;11/2/2001, Vol. 55 Issue 20, p10
Focuses on the effect of the breach-of-contract lawsuit filed by Buy.com against the United States Professional Golfers' Association of America as of March 2001.
- TV talks begin. // Golf World;05/09/97, Vol. 50 Issue 39, p8
Focuses on the contract settled between the Professional Golfers' Association (PGA) Tour and the television networks for the 1999 season and beyond. Expectations regarding the contract; List of television channels being eyed for the cable rights of the Tour.
- Amstel tees up three-year PGA deal. // Drug Store News;1/21/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p47
Reports that Amstel Light has signed an agreement to become the official beer of the Professional Golfers Association of America. Benefits of the agreement to Amstel.
- It's players' turn to "pay" Sirak, Ron // Golf World;11/25/2005, Vol. 59 Issue 18, p15
The article focuses on the idea of convincing players of the Professional Golfers' Association to freeze their money as a form of retribution to the television networks and golf enthusiasts who have made them rich. As sign of support for tour-supported charities and as a gesture of appreciation...