- WALK RAISES AWARENESS, FUNDS FOR BREAST CANCER. // Just Out;7/04/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p13
Reports on the preparations for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Portland fund raising campaign to be held Portland, Oregon. Outdoor events and choice of distance; Requirements for marathon participants.
- Snapshot. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/16/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 46, p43
A photograph is presented depicting the participants of the second annual L Trainfit entitled "Crank Up the Resistance" Spin-a-thon, a fund raising for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation that was held the Larchmont Train Station in Larchmont, New York in 2009.
- Group gets fit at fundraising. Card, Alexander // Athens News;3/21/2013, p18
The article offers information on the fund raising half marathon event called Commit To Be Fit 5k, organized by the non-profit organization Athens Ladies in Athens County, Ohio on May 4, 2013 for the community organization Athens County Food Pantry.
- Marion Rotary announces Marathon for Shoes in April. Cook, Lindsey // Corridor Business Journal;8/6/2012, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on the inaugural Marion Rotary Marathon for Shoes hosted by the Marion-East Cedar Rapids Rotary Club on April 20-21, 2012 for the benefit of Shoes for Kids and other charitable programs of the rotary club in Iowa.
- Pie in My Eye, Again. Hazell, Buddy // Malakoff News (TX);4/19/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 16, p5
The article offers the author's insights concerning their fundraising for the 12 kilometer (K) marathon hosted by the Bethel Baptist Church in San Augustine County, Texas.
- Iqraa' Runs for Palestinian Education. Zaru, Deena // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p46
The article reports on the participation of Washington, D.C.-based running club Iqraa' in the Baltimore marathon held October 15, 2011, and in the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, D.C. held October 30, 2011. It highlights the efforts of Iqraa' to raise funds for Palestinian education....
- A desert run. Yager, Jordy // Hill;2/2/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p19
The article focuses on U.S. congressional staffers Tamara Hinton and Angela Landers who will be joining a marathon running in Namibia which is a fund raising activity for the benefit of Nepalese children's organization.
- SPOTLIGHT. // Windy City Times;8/17/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 45, p28
The article offers information on the 2nd Playground Improv Marathon to be held on August 26 to 27, 2011 in Chicago, Illinois, for the benefit of the Namaste Charter School and The Playground Theater.
- RUNNING THE NUMBERS. // Runner's World;Sep2004, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p30
Presents the amount raised by runners for charitable causes in the U.S. in 2003.