Leasehold or stranglehold?
- another way of looking at things. // Estates Gazette;4/4/2009, Issue 913, Special Section p12
The article focuses on the business opportunities available in the British retail market amid the economic downturn. James Andrews of Kitchen LaFrenais Morgan pointed out that the collapse of a number of retailers means that shops are becoming available in towns where supply had been limited. He...
- Mystery of Newcastle's record rent. // Estates Gazette;12/6/2003, Issue 349, p75
Discusses the impact of the deal involving fashion retailer Zara on Northumberland Street on the property leasing sector in Newcastle, England as of December 2003. Disagreement about the size of the Northumberland Street building; Importance of the deal for the industry.
- Manhattan Storefront. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/20/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 106, p12
Provides information on the retail real estate in Manhattan, New York City as of March 2004. Comparison of rent in March 2003 and March 2004; Information on the neighborhoods with the biggest rent increase; Average retail rents by store size.
- SMITH BARNEY INVESTS IN UPPER CRUST. Haughney, Christine // Crain's New York Business;1/24/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p14
The article informs that high rollers will soon be able to check up on their portfolios at a new Plaza District destination. Smith Barney Inc. is opening a 48,000-square-foot retail division for high-net-worth clients in the IBM Building at 590 Madison Avenue, at East 57th Street. The brokerage...
- HIGH RENTALS MAKE LUXURY BRANDS MOVE TO SMALL STORES. // Shopping Centre News;Jun/Jul2013, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p14
The article focuses on the impact of high rental costs of small stores and malls in India on retailers of luxury brands. Sangeeta Assomull, Marigold Luxury Brands' chief executive officer (CEO), says that Judith Leiber, American luxury handbag maker, has given them a subsidized rate to bear the...
- ORANGE COUNTY IN VESTMENT PROPERTIES FOR SALE. // Orange County Business Journal;2/11/2013, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p46
The article offers information on several investment properties for sale in Orange County, California including the sale or lease of Centurion Plaza, the sale of 18-acre vacant land, and the sale or lease of retail building.
- Back tenant rights or face up to legislation. Bill, Peter // Estates Gazette;4/23/2005, Issue 516, p27
Reports on the decision of the British Property Federation not to restrict tenants from subletting at a rent below or above the figure in their lease. Compromise made by the landlord; Attitude of the legal profession towards the declaration; Importance of flexibility on existing leases.
- ain't nothing going on but the rent. Whitby-Smith, Emma // Diva;May2013, Issue 203, p95
The article presents the author's views on the basics of renting a house in London, England and on whether one should sell or rent out an inherited property located outside London that is in a state of disrepair.
- If market goes sour, buying can prove costly. LaReau, Jamie // Automotive News;6/3/2013, Vol. 87 Issue 6571, p40
The article reports that automobile leasing could become more desirable following some downsides to real estate ownership.