Making finance deals clearer
- UK briefing- LAW. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Jul98, Vol. 122 Issue 1259, p82
The article presents news briefs related to business law in Great Britain as of July 1998. The Bank of England Act 1998 (Consequential Amendments of Subordinate Legislation) Order 1998 came into on June 1. The Consumer Credit Lending Licensing (Appeals) Regulations 1998 came into force on October 1.
- When shoppers face a credit meltdown. Porter, Eleanor // ABA Journal;Jan1998, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p56
Deals with legal issues about consumer debt at the end of the holiday season. Consumer protection in the credit card field; Information about Regulation Z of the US Truth in Lending Act; Procedures for consumer protection from billing error under Regulation Z.
- Section 365 in the Consumer Context: Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue. Hillinger, Ingrid Michelsen; Hillinger, Michael G. // Commercial Law Journal;Winter99, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p377
Discusses several pockets of litigation in the consumer context in regards to Section 365 consumer debtor case law, which continues to generate more than its fair share of confusion and contradictory case law. Debate over the power of trustee and debtor; Details on bankruptcy Rule 6006(a);...
- An Overview and Introduction to the Annual Survey of Consumer Law Developments. Brandel, Roland E. // Business Lawyer;Apr79, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p1401
Presents an overview of the Annual Survey of Consumer Law Developments in the United States. Intention to educate attorneys interested in maintaining proficiency in the field of consumer finance; Awareness on the consumer credit trends; Development of legal principles regarding consumer credit.
- WESTMINSTER UPDATE. // Accountancy;Oct95, Vol. 116 Issue 1226, p107
Reports that the Great Britain Department of Trade and Industry has published a consultation document containing proposals to simplify consumer credit legislation. Coverage of deregulation areas.
- Turkey to Tighten Issuer Rules. Bloomberg News // American Banker;8/16/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 157, p5
Reports that Turkey plans to make it more difficult for banks and other lenders to issue credit cards as the government tries to curtail consumer debt, according to a Turkish daily newspaper. Law that was drafted by regulators introducing new criteria for issuing credit cards and setting...
- Recent amendments to the Fair Credit Reporting Act... Martin, Mireya C. // Corporate Legal Times;Dec97, Vol. 7 Issue 73, p61
Discusses the actions required of employers by the Fair Credit Reporting Act 1997 amendment whenever they obtain a consumer credit report on a job applicant. Notifying the job applicant in writing of the employer's intention to review the report; Certifying the credit report agencies from which...
- THE EFFECT OF CREDIT REGULATION ON REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS. Benfield Jr., Marion W. // Business Lawyer;Jan1970, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p501
Investigates the effect of Federal Consumer Credit Protection Act (CCPA) on real estate transactions in the United States. Impact of Uniform Consumer Credit Code on real estate secured transactions; Discussion on first mortgage financing by institutional lending groups; Disclosure requirements...
- WOULD THE UNIFORM CONSUMER CREDIT CODE HELP THE CONSUMER? Fritz, Edward C. // Business Lawyer;Jan1970, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p511
Focuses on the advantages of the Uniform Consumer Credit Code (UCCC) in the United States. Impact of UCCC on debtors; Purpose in developing the consumer protection law; Discussion of debtors' remedies sections of the Uniform Consumer Credit Code.