- Gift shows offer plenty for younger kids, tweens. // Furniture/Today;1/3/2005 Supplement, p34
The article reports that winter markets kick off this month in locations across the U.S. with wonderful gift ideas for children, especially little kids. Commemorative frames and plush items are always popular choices, and funky neon mirrors and wall art are sure to please those fickle tweens....
- Home Entertainment. // Furniture/Today;10/7/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p98
Provides an overview on product trends in home entertainment furniture. Aico's Royal Oak formal English carved oak with leaded glass look; Altra Furniture's wide-screen home theater cabinet; Archatrive's entertainment center with raised panel doors, center arch, CD/video racks on pull-out trays...
- Canadian furniture contest seeking entries. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;10/3/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p38
Calls for entries to the 2006 Canadian Home Furnishings Awards competition in Mississauga, Ontario. Mechanics for joining the contest; Deadline for the submission of entries; Contact information.
- CHFA names 16-member retailer jury. // Furniture/Today;10/3/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p38
Presents a list of retailers and buyers who have been named to the jury for the 2006 Canadian Home Furnishings Awards competition in Mississauga, Ontario.
- Grange Expands Into Bedding, Rugs. Sloan, Carole // Home Textiles Today;12/13/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p4
The article reports that Grange, the high-end French furniture manufacturer, has been expanding its product mix to become a full-line home furnishings source for the designer market and high-end retail stores. Currently, Grange has showrooms in 16 cities, one in Los Angeles that is primarily to...
- Research underscores power of beds at retail. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;9/27/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p66
The article reports that bedding is a great product to sell. It is one of the most shopped for categories in the home furnishings industry. It ranks second on that list, trailing only the category of decorative accessories. It is not surprising to learn that bedding also is one of the most...
- Shop window. // Cabinet Maker;4/20/2004, Issue 5386, p10
Features several products related to the furniture industry available in Great Britain as of April 2004. Physical description of the television unit's sliding door from Tameta; Design and specification of the Ascot wooden chair from Paco Capdell; Availability of the Odyssey collection of...
- Canadian retailers ride spending wave. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;08/21/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p18
Reports on rise in consumer spending on household furniture and bedding in Canada in 2000. Increase in sales posted by full-line furniture stores; Rise in sales of furniture specialists; Factors driving the upward trend in furniture spending.
- Brueners provides opportunity. Sloan, Carole // Home Textiles Today;03/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p16
Reports on the bedroom accessories business of Pennsylvania-based furniture retailer Breuners Home Furnishings Corp. Offer of bed coverings, draperies and decorative pillows; Names of suppliers of beddings; Total sales in 1999.
- Moving on up. Lea, Jane // Cabinet Maker;04/21/2000, Issue 5184, p12
Focuses on growth in the British market for adjustable beds. Consumer buying activity for adjustable beds in the present; Current design trends in the adjustable bed market; Description of various adjustable bed models offered by various retailers.