Defects top the list of growing complaints
- Industry prepares to fly the kite. // Cabinet Maker;3/15/2002, Issue 5278, p2
Reports the benefits of the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to the furniture industry in Great Britain. Description of OFT; Enhancement of consumer confidence and industry competitiveness.
- OFT blasts 'baffling' scratchcards. McCawley, Ian // Precision Marketing;7/30/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p2
Reports on the criticism of the British Office of Fair Trading against scratchcard promotions. Impact of the promotions on consumers; Survey of the agency about the promotions; Complaints of consumers about the promotions.
- Consumers unsure on how to complain against the legal profession. // Mortgage Finance Gazette;Feb2013, p22
The article reports on the demand of the Great Britain Office of Fair Trading for the legal profession to simplify its complaint handling procedures, following a release of a research that reveals that only 13 per cent of dissatisfied customers make a formal complaint.
- Complaints about Groupon mount despite OFT action. // Marketing Week;5/17/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p5
The article discusses complaints made to the Office of Fair Trading (OFT), the British government consumer protection agency, against the deal-of-the-day website Groupon, as well as Groupon's March 2012 agreement with the OFT to improve its practices.
- Second hand cars lead the way. // Credit Management;Sep99, p13
Reports that second-hand cars are the largest source of consumer complaints in Great Britain according to a report from the Office of Fair Trading.
- Super effective. LEE, KATRINA // Choice;Aug2011, p6
The article reports on the victory of the periodical's sister organization over a complaint regarding excessive debit and credit surcharges following an investigation by Great Britain Office of Fair Trading (OFT).
- Brakspear facing OFT complaint. Degun, Gurjit // Morning Advertiser;2/10/2011, Issue 527, p6
The article reports on the complaint filed at the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) against Brakspear for abusing its local market dominance to charge tenants too much for beer in Great Britain.
- OFT steps up clampdown on daily deals sites. O'Reilly, Lara // Marketing Week (Online Edition);6/25/2012, p9
The article reports that warning letters have been sent by the British Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to 35 discount web sites regarding their practices. The clampdown started with an investigation by OFT into Groupon due to consumer complaints. The OFT put emphasis on several factors, including...
- NO guarantees. Bird, Michael // In-Store Marketing;Nov2001, p14
Reports on the creation of the Markets and Policies Initiatives Division by the Great Britain Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to examine whether the marketplace for extended warranty policies is a fair market for consumers. Terms under the British Retail Consortium's voluntary code of practice;...