Divania moves to allay supply doubts
- England installs galleries in Washington state, S.C. stores. // Furniture/Today;9/11/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p20
The article reports that England, a custom upholstered furniture manufacturer, has installed Custom Comfort Center galleries in stores in Washington state and South Carolina. Phyl's Furniture, owned by Milo and Eileen Blass, has a 4,700-square-foot gallery in Chehalis, Washington. Daniels Fine...
- Fla., N.C. stores add Rowe galleries. // Furniture/Today;4/25/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 32, p34
Features several stores who opened a custom-order studiorowe upholstery galleries in Virginia and Florida.
- Highland House offers shops. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;6/13/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 39, p2
Reports on upper-end upholstery maker, Highland House's offering of a retail concept it calls European Excursions "shops," both in-store and freestanding. Use of European Excursions as the umbrella name for three groups of furniture based on locations in Europe; Highland House's partnership with...
- Sklar store just across street. // Furniture/Today;9/26/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p26
Reports that upholstery producer Sklar Peppler has opened a store in Champlain Avenue, Oshawa, Ontario. Land area; Total number of store owned by Sklar Peppler in Canada and the U.S.
- BAD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;3/17/2006, Issue 5479, p39
The article reports on the bad news for furniture retailers in Great Britain. Retailers claimed that for six weeks people in the country were challenged not to spend on new furniture, clothes and other goods in the observance of the Lenten season. The Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice asked them to...
- Pa. House adds two galleries. // Furniture/Today;9/5/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p37
Reports that Pennsylvania House Inc., a producer of wood residential furniture and custom-made upholstery, has installed two new galleries in Wisconsin and Minnesota. Description of the company's galleries; Locations of Pennsylvania House stores; Company profile of Pennsylvania House.
- Masins overcomes two disasters. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;3/6/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p1
The article reports on the plan of Masins to open a new store completing a two-phase fresh start following a double disaster for the high-end retailer in the year 2001 in the U.S. The flagship store will have about 20,000 square feet of selling space on four levels, and will span two historical...
- Diversionary tactics. // Cabinet Maker;12/2/2005, Issue 5467, p20
The article discusses the attempts of furniture stores in Great Britain to offer furniture not made from oak. Retailers are attempting to diversify their offerings to break the monopoly of oak furniture. Lenleys of Canterbury are offering mahogany and waxed cherry dining furniture. Castle...
- First quarter not all bad says bssa. // Cabinet Maker;5/2/2008, Issue 5586, p5
The article reports on the sales performance of furniture and homeware industry in Great Britain in the first quarter of 2008. According to the British Shops and Stores Association's (BSSA's) sales monitor, the industry showed a positive performance despite the retail's doom and gloom. The...