Harolds vs. Harrods in identity legal battle
- Recent Developments in Trademark Law. Garrett, Mark T. // Texas Intellectual Property Law Journal;Fall99, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p101
Discusses the developments in trademark law in the U.S. as of September 1999. Details of trademark infringement on the Internet; Information on suits under false advertising provisions of Lanham Act; Principles of trademark and unfair competition.
- Protecting Your Corporate Client's Most Valuable Intangible Asset: Its Name. Wine, Mark P.; Lock, Cynthia A.; Steiglitz, Val H.; Lunseth II, John B.; McGuire, Michael J. // Defense Counsel Journal;Jul2000, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p285
Deals with the legal aspect of trademarks in the United States. What constitutes a trademark; How to prove trademark infringement; Information on trademark dilution.
- ENSURING PEACE OF MIND. // Horticulture Week;7/30/2010, p21
The article reports on the launch of Tree Care Approved (TCA) scheme that aims to overcome the lack of public awareness of schemes and part of TrustMark, the initative supported by the government to ensure reliable and trustworthy trademanship.
- Prerequisites for trade mark infringement in transit: Clinique Happy. // Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice;Aug2013, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p665
A correction to the article "Prerequisites for trade mark infringement in transit: Clinique Happy" that was published in the (2013) 8(6) issue is presented.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;4/16/2004, Issue 5384, p5
Reports developments in the furniture industry as of April 2004. Use of self-extinguishing cigarettes in reducing deaths caused by furniture fires; Level of house price inflation in London; Plans of Harrods Fine Furniture company to file a trademark infringement lawsuit against Harold's Stores Inc.
- Hiding in Plain Site. Samborn, Hope Viner // ABA Journal;Sep2000, Vol. 86 Issue 9, p80
Looks at the implications of metatag search on the Internet on trademark law. Trademark infringement lawsuits arising from the use of metatags; Lawsuit filed by Brookfield Communications against West Coast Entertainment Corp.
- THE STARBUCKS DECISION OF THE SHANGHAI NO. 2 INTERMEDIATE PEOPLE'S COURT: A VICTORY LIMITED TO LATTÃ‰S? // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Spring2008, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p881
The article discusses a court case wherein the plaintiff is alleging trademark infringement claim against Shanghai Xingbake. Probability of customer confusion high is noted. The trial court has found out that the company has maliciously used the well known mark of the plaintiff's logo. The court...
- Poaching Profits: An Examination of the Ability of a Trademark Owner to Recover an Infringer's Profits Under the Lanham Act as Amended in 1999. Bertagna, Blake R. // Texas Intellectual Property Law Journal;Winter2008, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p257
The article examines the provisions of the U.S. Lanham Act, which was amended in 1999. The modern statutory framework of trademark principles is discussed, such as the Lanham Act of 1946 and the Trademark Dilution Act of 1996. Information about the cases, "W.E. Bassett Co. v. Revlon Inc." and...
- DO THE RIGHT THING. Chisholm, Ronna // Applied Arts Magazine;May/Jun2007, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p14
The article discusses the difficulties of trademark infringement that small companies face when prosecuting large companies. The author provides pointers for trademark disputes between Ã¢â‚¬Å“David and GoliathÃ¢â‚¬Â companies including the following: small business equals huge...