Private Texas Jail May Need New Bonds to Cover Costs
- Small-Town Blues. Abramsky, Sasha // American Prospect;Jun2003, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p19
Comments on the construction of a privately run U.S. Marshals Service prison in the town of Encinal, Texas in 2003. Arguments raised by the proponents of the project; Budget promised to improve the town's infrastructure; Background on the trend of constructing private prisons in poor counties.
- Municipal bond and state and local finance legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;05/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30636, p6
Reveals the status as of May 7, 1999 of various municipal bond and local finance legislation in the United States. Includes plan to issue taxable bonds to build and renovate schools; Comparison between existing and proposed laws.
- Stratford, Conn., ready to sell $95 million pension-obligation deal. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;05/19/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30396, p25
Focuses on a plan by the town of Stratford, Connecticut to issue $95 million of taxable pension obligation bonds by July 1, 1998. Stratford Town Council's approval of a proposal made by finance director Edward Gomeau; Utilization of the proceeds to fund the town's pension liability.
- Glendale, Ariz., asking voters to pick capital projects. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;10/29/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30758, p40
Reports on the holding of a ballot initiative on Glendale, Arizona, focused on the selection of as many as 12 separate bond measures totalling $411.5 million. Projection that remaining funds from the bond authorization of 1987 will be used up by 2001; Propositions.
- Results of negotiated sales. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;10/23/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30506, p19
Presents the results of negotiated sales of municipal bonds in the United States as of October 23, 1998. Includes Courtland Industrial Development Board in Alabama; Sacramento City Financing Authority in California; Douglas County School District in Colorado; Multifamily housing revenue bonds...
- Results of competitive sales. Anderson, August; Cruz, Judy; Singh, Rita // Bond Buyer;10/23/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30506, p23
Presents the results of negotiated sales of municipal bonds in the United States as of October 23, 1998. Includes Riverview School District's construction bonds in Arkansas; Union School District of Union County, Arkansas; Emmet County Building Authority in Michigan; Isle Independent School...
- Bond calls & redemptions. // Bond Buyer;10/23/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30506, p24
Lists municipal bond calls and redemptions in the United States as of October 23, 1998. Name of issuer; Location; Type of issue; Dates; Amounts; Callers.
- Finance. Petersen, John E. // Governing;Oct97, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p35
Presents information on the municipal bond market in the United States, while focusing on the change in local finance of some states. Information on some bond markets which were affected by the change in local finance; Indepth look at the contracting of the municipal bond business in 1987;...
- Southwest invisible supply. // Bond Buyer;11/30/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30777, p36
Lists local agencies in the southwestern United States set to issue municipal bonds between December 1999 and January 2000. Uses and amount of bond proceeds; Approval status; Underwriter of choice.