Turnpike Gets More
- West Virginia Senate Keeps Tobacco Bond Bill in 'Limbo' Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/16/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31842, p4
Reports that West Virginia Governor Bob Wise's proposal to issue money in tobacco bonds to cover a portion of the state's unfunded pension liabilities failed to pass in the state Legislature. Concerns that the amount of money the state would receive from the securitization would not be as large...
- Backers of W. Virginia Pension Issue Hope the End's in Sight. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/1/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31854, p38
Reports on the legal dispute over a $3.9 billion taxable bond issue in West Virginia that would go toward several of the state's unfunded pension liabilities. State Governor Bob Wise's efforts to expedite the case and bring it before the state Supreme Court; Concerns on the constitutionality of...
- W. Va.'s Gov. Wise Wants to Sell $630M of Tobacco Bonds for Pension System. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/16/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31802, p6
Reports West Virginia Governor Bob Wise has submitted a state spending plan for fiscal 2005. Securitization of tobacco settlement revenues; Funds for undefunded pension systems; Issuance of taxable revenue bonds; Uses of the proceeds of tobacco securitization.
- Amended Tobacco Bond Bill Moves Foward in West Virginia House. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/3/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31833, p7
Reports that a legislative committee approved an amended version of a tobacco bond bill that Washington Governor Bob Wise proposed to cover a portion of the state's unfunded pension liabilities. House Finance Committee's approval of Wise's proposal calling for the issuance of several hundred...
- Diary of a congressman. Wise, Bob // Washington Monthly;Jun95, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p40
Presents the experiences of Congressman Bob Wise in the United States Congress from November 8, 1994 to April 11, 1995. Election night; First day in office; Strategy meetings; Pushing for a lobbying reform bill; Party caucuses; Recreational activities; Invitations to television programs;...
- Wise Shuffle. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31756, p35
Reports on the appointments made by West Virginia Governor Bob Wise to his senior staff and cabinet. Joe Martin; Keith Burdette; Erica Mani.
- W. Virginia's New Governor Has Plans to Keep Things Moving. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;11/30/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31027, p32
Focuses on the challenges facing West Virginia Governor-elect Bob Wise. Lag of the state in economic growth and environmental health; Efforts of the state to diversify its economy; Dependence on mining and manufacturing.
- No New Term. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;8/14/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31699, p34
Reports on the reluctance of Virginia governor Bob Wise to contest for his seat when his term ends. Factors that led to Wise's reluctance; Plans of Wise to spend time with his family.
- Smoke Hike. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/7/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31508, p35
Reports on West Virginia's governor Bob Wise's plan to request the legislature to increase the state's seventeen cents per pack cigarette tax to equal the 55-cent-per-pack tax in Ohio.