ACE Ltd. Shuffles Execs Ahead of Initial Public Offering
- Guarantor's rating upgraded, perfection not quite reached. Donovan, Kevin; Gregory, Michael // Private Placement Letter;5/17/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p5
Reveals the credit rating given by Moody's Investors Service to ACE Guaranty's Assured Guaranty. Competition in the primary financial guaranty business; Concerns about monoline reinsurance and wrapping credit default swaps; Initial public offering in April 2004.
- WAITING FOR THE IPO REBOUND. Vyas, Rajiv // Orange County Business Journal;05/28/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p28
Features comments of several experts in investment banks, law firms and venture capital firms in Orange County, California, on the state of the initial public offering market and when they expect a revival to occur. Stephen Fillet of CIBC World Markets; Charles Ruck of Latham & Watkins; Fred...
- The forecast for Merc IPO dark, cloudy. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/7/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p1
Reports the plan of Chicago Mercantile Exchange for going public in New York. Effect on the changes of leadership and corporate governance; Status of the initial public offering plan; Role of the executives on the plan.
- Co-ed Management. Griffin, Cynthia E. // Entrepreneur;Feb2000, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p34
Highlights the importance of having women in the management team especially when the company is having initial public offering. Study conducted by Welbourne's Cornell University.
- Top women = top results. Walters, Kath; Murrill, Maureen // BRW;02/23/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p21
Details findings of a study, conducted by Theresa Welbourne, business professor of organizational behavior and human resource management at the University of Michigan, which monitored initial public offerings (IPO) in Australia from 1993 to 1996. Ability of companies with women in top jobs to...
- University Study Finds Women Face Bias in Attracting Investment Dollars. // Women in Academia Report;5/15/2012, p5
The article discusses a research study conducted at the University of Utah and Washington University, that found the likelihood of initial public offerings (IPO) being recommended was four times higher when its major executives were men compared to identical IPO with women executives.
- IPO priced, Assured Guaranty moves for triple-A. Chang, Helen // Asset Securitization Report;5/3/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 18, p8
Reports that Ace Ltd. (AL) operates its financial guaranty and reinsurance units in a multimillion-dollar initial public offering (IPO) through a new entity called Assured Guaranty Ltd. in the U.S. Plan of securing a second triple-A rating and competing with other established triple-A monoline...
- CEOs optimistic about return of the IPO market. // Westchester County Business Journal;5/19/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 20, p5
Reports that chief executive officers continue to be optimistic on the role of going public as an important strategic transaction for viable businesses in the U.S. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on the business sector.
- OPERATOR NO. 9. // Interactive Week;3/5/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p75
Presents updates on issues related to the financial markets and the computer industry as of March 5, 2001. Initial public offerings; Returns made by those in the financial industry from selling Internet stocks; Entertainment during the GSM World Congress in Cannes, France.