Senate May Continue Debate on Corporate Tax Bill Today
- Senate Set To OK $170B Tax Measure. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;5/12/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31882, p1
Reports on the corporate tax bill that contains moderate-sized municipal bond provisions in the U.S. Controversy on the Democratic-sponsored proposal to extend expired unemployment benefits for 13 more weeks; Defeat of the jobless benefits extension when the Senate failed by one vote to approve...
- MBT add-on: Gone by 2012? Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;10/6/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p1
The article presents information on the concern of the business community in Michigan over Michigan's business tax (MBT). It is stated businesses that face increases of 100 percent or more are expected to pay the MBT more than they did under the former single-business tax. The U.S. Senate has...
- Va. telecom tax bill dies in committee, author plans to resurrect. // RCR Wireless News;2/7/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the rejection of a bill that would have reduced telecommunication taxes in Virginia by a U.S. Senate committee in January 2005. Provisions of the bill.
- Tax Reconciliation Package Battle Continues. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;1/11/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32296, p5
The article reports that the U.S. Congress is likely to pick members of a conference committee to settle differences between Senate and the House tax reconciliation bills. The Senate version of the tax reconciliation legislation includes pooled bonds restrictions and a broker-dealer reporting...
- Expatriate legislation passed in US. // Accountancy;Dec2004, Vol. 134 Issue 1336, p96
Reports on the passage of the American JOBS Creation Act of 2004 in the U.S. Senate. Significance of the legislation to expatriates; Key changes to expatriation tax rules.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;12/19/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32281, p6
A list of legislations in the U.S. related to bonds buying and their status is presented. The HR 3768: Hurricane Katrina Tax Relief Act of 2005 has been approved by the U.S. Senate to include only the waiver of the first-time homebuyer requirement and the increase in the repair loan limit to...
- Congress Faces Extenders, CR with Tight Schedule. DePaul, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;9/10/2011, Vol. 121 Issue 33779, p1
The article informs that the U.S. Congress will recess and face issues including extending dozens of expired tax breaks and approving legislation. It mentions that the House has scheduled 13 working days before the November 2012 election and 16 days post-election until they adjourn for the...
- Senate Democrats Renew Push to Reinstate Superfund Taxes. Franz, Neil // Chemical Week;10/2/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 39, p10
Reports the legislation proposed by the U.S. Senate that would reinstate Superfund taxes paid by chemical and oil companies. Legislators who support the bill; Status of the U.S. trust fund; Purpose of Superfund taxes.
- CAPITAL DIGEST. // Education Week;3/18/1992, Vol. 11 Issue 26, p24
The article reports on the approval by the U.S. Senate of a tax bill that includes several provisions aiding schools and children in the country. It gives families hundred-dollar credits for each child under the age of sixteen. It also allows deductions for the full appreciated value of...