Anchorage Voters Not Too Bullish on GO Bond Requests
- Muni Prices End Flat Following Morning Dip. Johnson, Anastasha; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;1/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32304, p2
The article reports on municipal bond market activities in the United States on January 23, 2006. Tender-option bonds, including coupon bonds issued by Harris County in Texas and by the Clark County, Nevada School District, were sold. Explanations for the market behavior were given by Alex Li of...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;1/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32304, p14
The article presents data related to negotiated bond sales in the United States on January 20, 2006 and January 23, 2006. Bonds were issued by the CRHMFA Homebuyers Fund and the San Mateo Union High School District in California, the Iowa School Corp., the Bendle Public Schools in Michigan, the...
- Kansas City Voters OK $300 Million, Largest GO Authorization Ever. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31859, p4
Presents a roundup of news pertaining to U.S. local governments as of April 8, 2004. Approval of Kansas City, Missouri's general obligation bonding authorization to finance downtown and neighborhood improvement, zoo projects and the construction of a World War I museum; Approval of Johnson...
- Forty-two Ohio school districts court bonding authority. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;03/06/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30842, p36
Reports that Ohio's school districts will go to voters requesting the approval of bond issues for school repairs and construction. Bond issuers and the net value of their bond issues; Expected increase in the number of school districts going to voters for help regarding their planned bond issues.
- Officials Say Bonds Protected in Nevada School District Split. Webster, Keeley // Bondbuyer.com;10/29/2015, p1
Nevada's Clark County School District, the nation's fifth largest, is in the midst of a restructuring that could have repercussions for its outstanding and future bonds.
- Ohio school districts to go ahead with bond, levy elections. Baar, Aaron; Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;10/08/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30247, p30
Reports on the scheduled elections in Ohio in November 1997 to decide levy increases and bond issues to fund the state's school districts. Decision by school district officials to proceed with the elections despite an Ohio Supreme Court order telling the state General Assembly to revise the...
- S&P: Muenster ISD, Tex., GO Bonds Raised To A. // Bond Buyer;7/8/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33145, p2
The article reports on the move of Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) to increase its issuer credit rating of Independent School District's (ISD) unlimited-tax general obligation (GO) school building bonds from BBB-plus to A in Muenster district in Texas. It states that the company has considered the...
- Texas Local Education Debt Tops $63 Billion. WATTS, JIM // Bond Buyer;10/31/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33806, p12
The article mentions a report issued by the Office of Susan Combs, Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts, which highlights outstanding education debt of 63.6 million U.S. dollars from local school districts in Texas at the end of fiscal year 2012.
- LOUISIANA: Ascension Awaits Bond Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/17/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33185, p9
The article reports on the 100 million dollar bond issue to be voted on October 17, 2009 for the upgrade of 20 schools of Ascension Parish-Wide School District in Louisiana. It states that the bonds will be supported by a four-year extension of 15.08 mill property tax. If approved, the proposed...