San Diego County Board Approves Taxable Bonds
- Far west bond-watch. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;10/23/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30506, p31
Presents updates on municipal bonds and local financing efforts for projects in the Western United States as of October 23, 1998. Includes the Port of Portland's plan to participate in the development of a rail link; Opposition to a $2.4 billion transportation initiative in Washington State.
- Flint, Mich., Outlook Changed to Stable. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31824, p2
Reports that Moody's Investor Service revised its outlook for the Flint, Michigan. Rating for its general obligation unlimited tax debt; Appointment Ed Kurtz as the state-appointed emergency fiscal manager for the city; Plan to reduce the city's budget shortfall.
- Standing the Test. // Saturday Evening Post;12/28/1935, Vol. 208 Issue 26, p22
Assesses the report on the committee of the Municipal Finance Officers' Association regarding municipal credit in the U.S. Significance of the continuing high growth of total municipal debt; Statistics on municipal debt in the country; Recommendations of the issuance of bonds for unemployment or...
- Fla.'s Mount Sinai Medical to Refund $107 Million despite SEC Investigation. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31859, p3
Reports that Florida-based Mount Sinai Medical Center will sell its debt refunding bonds through a private placement despite an inquiry by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Standard and Poor's rating of the bonds; Formal investigation launched by the SEC regarding the bonds...
- Kansas City Voters OK $300 Million, Largest GO Authorization Ever. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31859, p4
Presents a roundup of news pertaining to U.S. local governments as of April 8, 2004. Approval of Kansas City, Missouri's general obligation bonding authorization to finance downtown and neighborhood improvement, zoo projects and the construction of a World War I museum; Approval of Johnson...
- NEW JERSEY: Finance Board OKs $33M. Kaske, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/19/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32881, p9
The article reports that the Local Finance Board in New Jersey has approved more than $33 million of state-qualified bonding for local governments. It is stated that the approval allows the West New York to move forward with the $11.5 million sale. The state-qualified bonding allows local...
- Cook's Local Governments Face $34B Financial Burden. DEVIT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;12/5/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33824, p1
The article informs that the local government in Cook County, Illinois is struggling with a combined financial burden of unfunded pension liabilities and municipal bond debt of approximately 34 billion U.S. dollars.
- Municipal bond and state and local finance legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;05/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30636, p6
Reveals the status as of May 7, 1999 of various municipal bond and local finance legislation in the United States. Includes plan to issue taxable bonds to build and renovate schools; Comparison between existing and proposed laws.
- Stratford, Conn., ready to sell $95 million pension-obligation deal. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;05/19/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30396, p25
Focuses on a plan by the town of Stratford, Connecticut to issue $95 million of taxable pension obligation bonds by July 1, 1998. Stratford Town Council's approval of a proposal made by finance director Edward Gomeau; Utilization of the proceeds to fund the town's pension liability.