Virginia House Panel Approves Compromise Sales Tax Hike
- Virginia Tax Hike May Get Panel Vote Tuesday. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/16/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31864, p4
Reports that Virginia's Senate Finance Committee will vote on the sales tax increase plan approved by the House of Delegates. Increase in the state sales tax rate; Lawmakers' negotiation to close a gap in the fiscal 2005-2006 biennial budget; Rift between Republican lawmakers over proposed tax...
- Kansas City Stadium Projects Get Split Decision From Jackson County Voters. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/6/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32355, p29
The article reports on the approval of the voters in Jackson County, Missouri to a three-eights-of-a-cent sales tax increase to support 425 million dollars in bonding to help finance 575 million dollars in renovation to the stadiums. There were 78, 800 voters who endorsed the tax that is...
- Ending '04 on Budget. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31900, p27
Reports on the statement by Arkansas financial officials that state revenues were adequate to end the 2003-2004 fiscal year on budget. Prioritization of expenditures according to need; Revenues from increased taxes; Assessment of services, such as tattooing, for the state sales tax starting July...
- Cook County OKs $3.2B Budget With Sales Tax Hike, Health Care Board. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/4/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32828, p32
The article reports that the Board of Commissioners of Cook County, Illinois passed a $3.2 billion fiscal 2008 budget that is set to improve the sales tax in Chicago. The budget approval will urge the county to continue on its borrowing plans and to come up with a $160 million sales tax...
- Panel Discussion: Alternative Tax Policies for the Future in Light of the Current Economic and Budget Outlook. Steurle, C. Eugene // Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance;Summer89, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p404
In summary, there are no longer available those automatic sources of funds that paid for past changes in priorities, including expansion of various domestic expenditure programs. In this new world, trade-offs are much more explicit and, at least for the time being, have appeared much harder to...
- Fiscal and structural indicators. // OECD Economic Surveys: Sweden;Aug1999, Vol. 1999 Issue 18, p167
Presents charts of the fiscal and structural indicators of Sweden. Structure of expenditure and receipts; Budget indicators of the general government; Tax rates.
- Expect the Poor to take it on the chin. Scarry, Donald M. // njbiz;1/19/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p14
Discusses the budget difficulties in New Jersey for fiscal 2005. Forecast on the increase in the state's taxes; Prediction on public expenditures; Programs that aid the poor in the state.
- Budget Receipts by Source, Fiscal Year to Date, 2003-2004. // Treasury Bulletin;Jun2004, p13
Presents a graph about the budget receipts of the U.S. federal government for fiscal 2003 and 2004. Decrease in individual income tax budget receipt in 2004; Increase in corporate income tax budget receipts in 2004.
- On-Budget and Off-Budget Receipts by Source. // Treasury Bulletin;Jun2004, p15
Presents a table about the U.S. federal government's on-budget and off-budget receipts by source for the first-quarter of fiscal 2004. Social insurance and retirement budget receipts; Individual and corporation income tax budget receipts; Old-age, disability and hospital insurance budget receipts.