Kansas City Voters OK $300 Million, Largest GO Authorization Ever
- Muni Prices End Flat Following Morning Dip. Johnson, Anastasha; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;1/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32304, p2
The article reports on municipal bond market activities in the United States on January 23, 2006. Tender-option bonds, including coupon bonds issued by Harris County in Texas and by the Clark County, Nevada School District, were sold. Explanations for the market behavior were given by Alex Li of...
- Anchorage Voters Not Too Bullish on GO Bond Requests. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31859, p4
Reports on the result of a poll pertaining to the issuance of general obligation bonds (GOB) in Anchorage, Alaska. Approval of a GOB measure to pay for improvements in the security, heating, electrical and mechanical systems at Anchorage School District; Approval of bond measures for fire and...
- Far west bond-watch. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;10/23/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30506, p31
Presents updates on municipal bonds and local financing efforts for projects in the Western United States as of October 23, 1998. Includes the Port of Portland's plan to participate in the development of a rail link; Opposition to a $2.4 billion transportation initiative in Washington State.
- San Diego County Board Approves Taxable Bonds. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31859, p4
Reports that the San Diego County, California board of supervisors had approved plans to issue a taxable pension obligation bond. Comment of county chief financial officer Donald Steur regarding the board's decision; Claim that the county anticipates the San Diego County Employee's Retirement...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;1/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32304, p14
The article presents data related to negotiated bond sales in the United States on January 20, 2006 and January 23, 2006. Bonds were issued by the CRHMFA Homebuyers Fund and the San Mateo Union High School District in California, the Iowa School Corp., the Bendle Public Schools in Michigan, the...
- Flint, Mich., Outlook Changed to Stable. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31824, p2
Reports that Moody's Investor Service revised its outlook for the Flint, Michigan. Rating for its general obligation unlimited tax debt; Appointment Ed Kurtz as the state-appointed emergency fiscal manager for the city; Plan to reduce the city's budget shortfall.
- Forty-two Ohio school districts court bonding authority. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;03/06/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30842, p36
Reports that Ohio's school districts will go to voters requesting the approval of bond issues for school repairs and construction. Bond issuers and the net value of their bond issues; Expected increase in the number of school districts going to voters for help regarding their planned bond issues.
- Officials Say Bonds Protected in Nevada School District Split. Webster, Keeley // Bondbuyer.com;10/29/2015, p1
Nevada's Clark County School District, the nation's fifth largest, is in the midst of a restructuring that could have repercussions for its outstanding and future bonds.
- Ohio school districts to go ahead with bond, levy elections. Baar, Aaron; Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;10/08/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30247, p30
Reports on the scheduled elections in Ohio in November 1997 to decide levy increases and bond issues to fund the state's school districts. Decision by school district officials to proceed with the elections despite an Ohio Supreme Court order telling the state General Assembly to revise the...