Fla.'s Mount Sinai Medical to Refund $107 Million despite SEC Investigation
- Far west bond-watch. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;10/23/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30506, p31
Presents updates on municipal bonds and local financing efforts for projects in the Western United States as of October 23, 1998. Includes the Port of Portland's plan to participate in the development of a rail link; Opposition to a $2.4 billion transportation initiative in Washington State.
- San Diego County Board Approves Taxable Bonds. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31859, p4
Reports that the San Diego County, California board of supervisors had approved plans to issue a taxable pension obligation bond. Comment of county chief financial officer Donald Steur regarding the board's decision; Claim that the county anticipates the San Diego County Employee's Retirement...
- 1997 logs record issuance of private-placement bonds. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;03/24/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30357, p1
Reports on the all-time high sales of privately placed municipal bonds in the United States for the year 1997. Reasons for the boost in the sale of private placements; Reflection of the issuers' increased willingness to accept higher yields in exchange for a quicker sale process; Opening of a...
- NEW-ISSUE VOLUME NOTES . // Bond Buyer;3/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31336, p49
Focuses on the volume of security notes issued in the U.S. as of March 4, 2002. Inclusion of private placements and municipal forward sales in the volume; Categories that are excluded from the volume; Definition of purpose categories of bonds.
- Flint, Mich., Outlook Changed to Stable. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31824, p2
Reports that Moody's Investor Service revised its outlook for the Flint, Michigan. Rating for its general obligation unlimited tax debt; Appointment Ed Kurtz as the state-appointed emergency fiscal manager for the city; Plan to reduce the city's budget shortfall.
- Bankruptcy Court to Consider Detroit Loan for Lights. Devitt, Caitlin // Bondbuyer.com;9/20/2013, p14
The article discusses efforts of Detroit, Michigan to ask the judge overseeing the city's bankruptcy case to protect the 60 million U.S. dollars private placement with a bank which hit a snag after the bankers asked for clarification from the federal court that the utility taxes supporting the...
- California Private Placement Market May Be Pivoting. Glazier, Kyle // Bondbuyer.com;11/5/2015, p20
The article discusses the positive performance of private placement of municipal securities in California, and also mentions the views of law firm officer Roger Davis on the same.
- Healthcare ABS Gives Private Market A Shot. O'Leary, Christopher // Private Placement Letter;03/27/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p2
Talks about healthcare ABS (HCABS) deals in the private placement market. Growth of the deals in 1999; How HCABS resembles credit card deals; Portion of healthcare that is not part of the transactions.
- Standing the Test. // Saturday Evening Post;12/28/1935, Vol. 208 Issue 26, p22
Assesses the report on the committee of the Municipal Finance Officers' Association regarding municipal credit in the U.S. Significance of the continuing high growth of total municipal debt; Statistics on municipal debt in the country; Recommendations of the issuance of bonds for unemployment or...