Moody's Upgrades D.C. Two Notches
- S&P Downgrades Bonds for D.C. Charter School Due to Pending Litigation. Jagoda, Naomi // Bondbuyer.com;9/29/2014, p31
The article reports that Standard & Poor's has downgraded the bonds issued by the Distric of Columbia for the Community Academy Public Charter Scool due to B-minus due to pending litigation. Topics discussed include allegations that the school's net operating revenue is being improperly...
- Financial Reporting and Municipal Bond Ratings. Raman, K. K. // Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance;Winter82, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p144
Given the "pervasive and powerful influence" of published ratings, an attempt was made to explain municipal bond ratings using information normally obtainable from financial reports. It appears that rating assignments are more closely associated with the flow of liquid financial resources from...
- Moody's Changes Detroit Outlook to Stable From Positive Ahead of Budget Plan. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31859, p7
Reports that rating agency Moody's Investors Service has changed its outlook for Detroit, Michigan. Rating given on the city's outstanding general obligation unlimited tax bonds and general obligation limited tax bonds; Comment of Moody's analyst Nicole Johnson that the city needs to find ways...
- Memphis Deficit Sparks Another S&P Downgrade. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/7/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32314, p26
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has lowered the ratings of general obligation bonds sold for Memphis, Tennessee. The ratings dropped from A-plus to A. Standard & Poor's has also lowered the rating of a 200 million dollar debt sold by the Memphis and Shelby County Sports Authority.
- Bay Ratings Raised. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/13/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32110, p35
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has upgraded its rating of Bay County, Michigan's unlimited-tax general obligation bonds. Factors cited by Moody's for raising the county's rating including its average debt profile.
- Dayton International Airport. // AirGuide Online.com;7/27/2009, p5
The article reports on the BBB+ rating given by Fitch Ratings Ltd. to the 38 million dollars airport revenue bonds of the City of Dayton in Ohio. According to the outlook, the rating is considered to be stable. It states that the bonds will be paid through the net revenues generated by the...
- S&P Drops CGH Bonds. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/6/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32460, p27
The article reports on the change of rating given by the Standard & Poor's Corp. to the bonds of $ 11.4 million Series 2003 that was issued by the Illinois Development Finance Authority in behalf of the CGH Medical Center from A-minus to BBB-plus. It was reported that the change in rating was...
- Mahoney says Onondaga County maintains bond ratings. // Business Journal (Central New York);2/13/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p4
The article reports that the investment grade debt rating of Onondaga County, New York has been maintained. It states the county's $61.7 million general-obligation bonds has achieved an Aa2 rating from Moody's Investors Services while its $304 million outstanding general-obligation bonds were...
- Rating Changes. // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p35
Presents a chart depicting the changes in bond ratings in the U.S.