East goes west
- One-two punch has rattan near knockout. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;7/4/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p20
Focuses on the issues facing the rattan furniture industry in Puerto Rico. Impact of foreign competition on the industry; Problems faced by Rattan Fine Creations; Impact of minimum wage increases on the industry.
- Rattan and cane steals the show at Singapore. Baylis, Sophie // Cabinet Maker;3/8/2002, Issue 5277, p5
Highlights the rattan and cane products at the 19th International Furniture Fair in Singapore. Decline of interest on the show by the European manufacturers; Presentation of rattan designs by the Indonesian manufacturer; Features of the contemporary models of the furniture.
- Rattan & wicker furniture made here add cool touch to decor. Gandia, Zoe // Caribbean Business;8/25/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 34, pS41
Reports on the manufacture of rattan and wicker furniture in Puerto Rico. Appropriateness of rattan furniture for tropical climates; Advantages of rattan; Types of rattan; Reasons for rattan's popularity; Versatility of the material.
- International Rattan Forum turns spotlight on Indonesia's sustainable material. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;12/5/2016, Vol. 41 Issue 15, p18
The article reports on the rattan factories tour in Jakarta, Indonesia from November 13-16, 2016 supported by several rattan industry groups such as the Association of Indonesian Furniture and Handicraft Industries (HIMKI) wherein they visited various factories such as Aida Rattan.
- Rattan importers merge to boost Whitecraft brand. // Furniture/Today;9/29/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p61
Reports on the merger between rattan importers Whitecraft Rattan and Cebu Imports in South Carolina. Combination of wicker and rattan resources; Provision of assorted natural and synthetic furniture; Expansion of offshore manufacturing facilities.
- Care of summer and outdoor furniture. // New Orleans Magazine;Jul2003, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p44
Interviews Bobby Franks, owner of Uptown Restoration in New Orleans who specializes in restoring and rebuilding antiques and special furniture pieces. Information on different kinds of rattan furniture; Ways in which cane furniture is made; Process by which age of woven furniture is determined.
- Rattan weaves its way Westward. // Cabinet Maker;12/5/2003, Issue 5367, p6
Reports developments related to furniture industry in Europe as of December 2003. Partnership between designer Jeff Banks and Westward Europe; Availability of Frejus rattan furniture; Collection of rattan weave chairs from Pacific.
- Selling Now. // Furniture/Today;4/21/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 33, Special section p2
The article focuses on the significant opportunity represented by wicker and rattan furniture in the U.S. furniture industry. It states that decorated bonus rooms in furniture retail shops created renewed interest in the wicker and rattan category and provides a tremendous opportunity to...
- Ethnic furniture. // Cabinet Maker;6/17/2005, Issue 5443, p12
The article presents a list of ethnic furniture in the furniture industry & trade in Great Britain which includes Santiago Chair from the Cane Collection which is one of the company's more traditional chair, lamp table by Halo Furnishings which features criss-cross detail, using carved Indian...