Harrison Beds starts global Revolution with L&P deal
- Even steady L&P feels industry's recent blahs. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;01/01/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p30
Comments on developments related to the bedding sector of the furniture industry in the United States as of January 1, 2001. Decline in Leggett and Platt's financial performance in the year 2000; Sales performance of the retail sector.
- Bed components giant moves into gel sector. // Cabinet Maker;10/19/2012, Issue 5809, p8
The article informs that the U.S.-based bed component manufacturer Leggett and Platt Inc. has planned to start business in the gel-based bedding sector.
- Thinking outside the box. Millar, James // Cabinet Maker;3/28/2003, Issue 5330, p24
Focuses on Harrison Beds' use of traditional skills and high technology machines to cope with the demands of creating the firm's most innovative product, the Revolution spring. Generic features of bed; Use of two identical springs; Company history.
- Leggett & Platt sets new lift, sofabed mechanisms for IWF. // Furniture/Today;8/7/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 47, p45
The article reports on the introduction of mechanisms for lift chairs and sofa sleepers by Leggett & Platt, along with upholstery, equipment and manufacturing concepts at the International Woodworking Machinery & Furniture Supply Fair in Atlanta, Georgia. Offered are the Comfort Riser mechanism...
- L&P introduces VertiCoil innerspring. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;4/28/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p1
The article reports on the new product of Legget & Platt (L&P), called VertiCoil innerspring. L&P claims that Verticoil is the latest advance in sleep technology and the offset coil provides improved deflection reducing muscle tension at a value price. L&P's sales and marketing executive...
- Innerspring makers defend their turf. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;7/21/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 45, p13
The article focuses on the defense made by the innersprings manufacturers of their products. Innerspring makers, such as Leggett & Platt (L&P), present what they say are the advantages of innersprings which they based on studies like one by the Kansas State University which shows that these...
- Revolution takes over open coil production. // Cabinet Maker;10/31/2003, Issue 5362, p7
Reports on the decision of Harrison Beds to stop the production of open coil models.
- Somnus seeks center ground. // Cabinet Maker;3/1/2002, Issue 5276, p4
Reports the relaunching of Somnus Beds from Harrison Beds. Introduction of the Revolution pocket spring system; Plans on the reorganization of the company; Exhibition of several Evolution base unit models.
- Metal bed designs, finishes lure buyers. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;5/16/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 36, p11
The article offers brief information on several metal bed designs including Orson contemporary bed from Amisco, Archer whimsical bed from Wesley Allen and Strathmore Victorian-influenced bed from Leggett & Platt Inc.