Raising Havoc With the Rankings
- Business & Finance. Kilborn, Robert; Cook, Stephanie // Christian Science Monitor;10/12/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 223, p24
Offers information on business and finance as of October 12, 2001, including the acquisition of Jif peanut butter and Crisco cooking oil brands by J.M. Smucker Co. from Procter & Gamble.
- Business & Finance. Kilborn, Robert; Atkin, Ross // Christian Science Monitor;9/7/99, Vol. 91 Issue 197, p24
Presents brief articles related to business as of September 7, 1999 including a possible alliance between Bell Atlantic and Vodafone Airtouch Plc., and public opinion on the sale of Legal & General Plc. to National Westminster Bank.
- Beware of corporate mergers. Parmenter, David // Chartered Accountants Journal;Jul2003, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p91
Focuses on the value of mergers in New Zealand. Lessons from takeovers and mergers.
- BUSINESS & FINANCE. Kilborn, Robert; Cook, Stephanie; MacLean, Matthew // Christian Science Monitor;8/24/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 190, p24
Presents information on business and finance as of August 24, 2001, including the purchase of control of three securities and trust companies belonging to Hyundai Group by American International Group and four United States partners.
- THE WEEK. // Engineer (00137758);10/11/2002, Vol. 291 Issue 7613, p21
Reports business developments in Great Britain as of October 2002. Acquisition of an optical transmitter from a Canadian company by Bookham Technology; Amount of the X-ray security system owned by Smith Group; Decision of IMI to sell its copper tube business.
- Business & Finance. Kilborn, Robert; Cook, Stephanie // Christian Science Monitor;10/4/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 218, p24
Presents information on business and finance as of October 4, 2001, including the termination of a merger agreement by General Electric and Honeywell International.
- Business & Finance. Kilborn, Robert; Cook, Stephanie // Christian Science Monitor;11/13/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 245, p24
Offers information about business as of November 13, 2001, including plans of Dynegy, Inc. to acquire rival Enron.
- Thomson Reuters extends tender offer for FXall. // Information World Review;8/10/2012, p5
The article reports that Thomson Reuters has extended its tender offer by three days for electronic currencies trading platform FX Alliance as just 30.1 percent of FXall shareholders tendered their shares to the offer.
- Startups Entice Outsiders to Look at San Diego. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;12/3/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p17
Reports on the significance of corporate buyouts in creating business ventures in San Diego, California. Acquisition of companies; Investments to other companies; Development of core technology leadership.
- Alabama Firm Buys Digital Wizards. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;4/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p8
Reports on business developments in San Diego, California as of April 28, 2003. Industrial acquisitions; Information security deal; Development of a combat communications system for the Air Force by the information technology sector of Northrop Grumman Corp.