The Challenge to Better Default Rates
- Mexican companies reap the whirlwind of default. Wirz, Matthiu // High Yield Report;07/19/99, Vol. 10 Issue 29, p1
Reports on Mexico-based shipping and rail company Transportacion Maritima Mexicana's international debt defaults.
- Seeing little left to lose, LatAm issuers default. Wirz, Matthieu // Investment Dealers' Digest;05/24/99, Vol. 65 Issue 21, p4
Focuses on the default trend among investment issuers in Latin America as a result of missed payments on the region's corporate debts. Expectations from companies that announce plans to default; Case example of Grupo Dina.
- Puerto Rico PFC Downgraded to D by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;8/4/2015, p7
The article reports on the downgrade of Puerto Rico Public Finance Corporation bond series 2011A, 2011B and 2012 2A bonds from CC to D by Standard & Poor's Ratings Services on August 3, 2015. Topics discussed include payment default on the bonds as of close of business on August 3, partial...
- Corporate Defaults At Record, S&P Says. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;04/24/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31124, p2
Reports on the default on debt by companies worldwide in the first quarter of 2001.
- Late payers to face extra charges as well as interest on overdue bills. // Professional Engineering;6/12/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p7
Focuses on the right of business enterprises to demand a debt recovery cost payment in Great Britain. Effect of late payments on businesses; Details of the European directive; Views of the British Chambers of Commerce on the legislation.
- Russia: CDS To Weaken. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/21/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 39, p17
The article reports on the performance of the Russian credit default swap (CDS) market as of January 2008. Five-year CDS trade at 109 bps, 24.6 percent larger than in January 2007. The CDS spread for higher yielding quasi-sovereign and corporate credits has also widened. Spread differential is...
- Long-term debt defaults hit record high in 1999. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;02/14/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p28
Focuses on long-term debt corporate and sovereign issuers bond defaulters as February 2000. Factors contributing to poor performance; United States as the country with the largest source of defaults; Role of the 1997 Asian crisis in bond defaults; Significant impact on the oil and gas,...
- An analysis of default correlations and multiple defaults. Zhou, C; Chunsheng Zhou // Review of Financial Studies;Summer2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2
Evaluating default correlations or the probabilities of default by more than one firm is an important task in credit analysis, derivatives pricing, and risk management. However, default correlations cannot be measured directly, multiple-default modeling is technically difficult, and most...
- Optimal capital structure and endogenous default. Hilberink, Bianca; Rogers, L.C.G. // Finance & Stochastics;2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p237
In a sequence of fascinating papers, Leland and Leland and Toft have investigated various properties of the debt and credit of a firm which keeps a constant profile of debt and chooses its bankruptcy level endogenously, to maximise the value of the equity. One feature of these papers is that the...