BNP's Turn On the Hot Seat
- Paribas securities services unit expands to portugal. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;05/10/99, Vol. 11 Issue 19, p39
Reports that Paribas Bank has opened its custody operations in Portugal, as part of its expansion plans for its European network of banks. Total number of markets Paribas serves following its expansion move; Services to be offered by the company's new location; Motivations for the financial...
- Ex-BNP Officials Plead Guilty. Dow Jones // American Banker;8/12/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 155, p20
Reports that two former executives of BNP Paribas SA pleaded guilty in New York State court to attempted grand larceny charges in connection with the theft of millions from the French bank. Profile of the two executives, Edward Canale, and Michael Connolly; Expected prison sentences of the two...
- Manhattan DA Probes Ex-BNP Paribas Pair. Julavits, Robert // American Banker;4/7/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 67, p18
BNP Paribas SA announced that it is cooperating with the Manhattan District Attorney's Office in an investigation of whether two former employees in its U.S. asset workout group misused proprietary funds, as of April 7, 2004. Janine Mejeur-Haas, a spokeswoman in New York for BNP Paribas, said...
- Custodians Want Tax Reform in Italy. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;11/13/2000-11/20/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the lobbying efforts by custodian banks in Italy led by BNP Paribas to change procedures that will pave the way for tax refunds to foreign investors. Main cause of the problem; Double tax agreements allowing the refund of a 'tax credit.'
- BNP GETTING SERIOUS. // U.S. Banker;Jan2002, Vol. 112 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the accelerated pace of business expansion by BNP Paribas under the administration of director and chief operating officer, Baudouin Prot. Progress of acquiring BankWest Corp.; Ventures with Japanese banks.
- Italy Latest to Adopt Equities CCP Service. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;4/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p1
The article states that Italy will adopt central counterparty service for equities in May 2003. The service can slash settlement costs for some investors by half. The service was delayed by complications in obtaining approvals from the Bank of Italy, the country's central bank, and market...
- BNP Paribas Expands US Loans Business. Segar, Joseph // Bank Loan Report;8/13/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 32, pN.PAG
BNP Paribas SA has been steadily growing its loans business in the U.S. Before the two institutions, Banque Nationale de Paris (BNP) and Banque Paribas, merged last spring, Paribas focused on niche markets, while BNP concentrated on leveraged buyout deals. But by pooling their resources, the...
- BNP Builds; Citi Is No Distraction. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;6/5/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 107, p4
Discloses the plans of French bank BNP Paribas to look for possible deals in the western United States. Interest in acquiring small-sized companies to complement the bank's franchise; Banks owned in the United States.
- BNP Paribas SA SWOT Analysis. // BNP Paribas Group SWOT Analysis;Jan2015, p1
A SWOT analysis of BNP Paribas SA is presented.