Test your voice
- Twists and turns of twisted pairs. Ballast, Donna // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Sep2001, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p14
Presents a question and answer advisory regarding cables. Use of twisted-pairs for differential transmission; Role of Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance in keeping interoperability among wireless local area networks product vendors; Things needed in hacking wireless networks.
- The twisting, turning road to standardization. Mclaughlin, Patrick // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Jan2012, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p5
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue on topics including twisted-pair cabling infrastructure, bend-insensitive multimode fiber, and standard compliance of twisted-pair copper patch cords.
- Why shielded twisted-pair matters for 10GBase-T. Davis, Brian; Zahr, Bob // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Dec2006, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p13
The article discusses the advantages of using shielded twisted-pair cable for running 10GBase-T, a telecommunication technology that offers data speeds up to 10 billion bits per second, over copper applications. In the U.S., the most common type of shielded cabling is foiled unshielded...
- UTP system performance hinges on connectivity issues. McLaughlin, Patrick // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;May2000, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p41
Focuses on the Category 6 telecommunication cabling standard in the United States. Unshielded twisted pair (UTP) plug/jack configuration; Enabling of full interoperability and backward-compatibility; Establishment of the standard by the Telecommunications Industry Association; Technical issues...
- Telecom cable installation prepares for 10-Gig at the desktop. Rybinski, Valerie // Connector Specifier;Oct2005, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p6
Explores the applications of twisted-pair cabling systems in the telecommunications industry. Observation that twisted-pair cabling exhibits excellent electromagnetic performance; Capability of the twisted-pair cabling technology to transmit high-speed data; Advantages of using twisted-pair...
- Make homes future-ready with Category 6 cabling. Baxter, Les; Pryma, John // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Jun2006, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p14
The article discusses that residential cabling can take advantage from the various features of unshielded twisted-pair (UTP) cables for home supports in the U.S. The features includes voice telephony, data networking and entertainment equipment wherein these systems are currently meeting a...
- NEMA sets Cat 6 and Cat 7 performance standards. // CEE News;Sep99, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p18L
Reports the release of Category 6 and Category 7100 Ohm Shielded and Unshielded Twisted Pair Cables, WC 66-1999 by the National Electrical Manufacturers Association in Rosslyn, Virginia. Standardization of commercial building local area networks; Definition of minimum electrical performance;...
- Quartet Signaling. // Network Dictionary;2007, p397
A definition of the term "quartet signaling" is presented. It refers to a signaling technique used in 100VG-Any-LAN networks that allows data transmission at 100 Mbps over four pairs of unshielded twisted pair (UTP) cable at the same frequencies used in 10BaseT networks.
- StarLAN. // Network Dictionary;2007, p462
An encyclopedia entry for "StarLAN" is presented. Developed in the mid-1980s by members of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) 802.3 standards committee, StarLAN was the first implementation of Ethernet computer networking on twisted pair wiring. StarLAN, which ran at a...