Hot rabbit stew?
- Seeing the bottom. Borck, James R. // InfoWorld;2/4/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p39
Observes the popularity of Web services, peer-to-peer computing, wireless local area networks (WLAN) and next-generation handheld computers. Advantage of wireless networks; Concerns about the long-term return on investment from technology deployment; What help strengthen the capabilities of WLAN.
- Wireless LANs going mainstream. Lawson, Stephen // InfoWorld;02/15/99, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p51
Details the entry of wireless local area networks (LAN) into the enterprise as complements to their wired counterparts. Reason information technology (IT) managers are looking at wireless LAN; Factor that drives the momentum for wireless networking; Companies that offer standards-based wireless...
- Changing LAN-scape is boon for IT. Berinato, Scott; Musich, Paula; Nobel, Carmen // PC Week;04/06/98, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p1
Reveals that the competition in the local area network (LAN) hardware market in 1998 is benefitting information technology departments by causing lower prices for equipment. How the competition is affecting LAN hardware vendors; New vendors in the LAN market including Hewlett-Packard Co.,...
- Unplugged data can also be hack-proof data. Biggs, Maggie // InfoWorld;02/26/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p61
Focuses on the security options available for wireless local area network (WLAN). Potential security hazards for WLAN; Technique that managers should use for the proper use of WLAN; Concern of information technology managers in implementing WLAN.
- Web switch vendors evolve. Hochmuth, Phil // Network World;6/2/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p21
Focuses on the changes occurring in the layer 4 to layer 7 switch vendors. Decline of the demand for the market; Existence of emerging arenas for the application and load-balancing switches; Preference of information technology equipment buyers to load-balancing technology integrated into...
- Give thanks for all things high-tech, past and future. Politis, David // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/2/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p17
Explains that people should grateful for the developments in information technology. Personal computers; Computer graphics; Local area networks.
- Frontliners & Flatliners. // Frontline Solutions;Nov2001, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p10
Introduces products in information technology. Development of a business casual pants, the Mobile Pant, which consists of pockets that could hold mobile gadgets; Use of wireless local area networks for office applications.
- Entering the 'W' zone. Johnston, Stuart J. // InfoWorld;3/11/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p1
Discusses the merger of wireless local area networks and Web services. Advantage from the convergence of Web services and wireless technologies; Information on Microsoft Corporation's .Net Web services initiative; Telecommunication firms that invested in the companies that adopted the Wi-Fi or...
- Dpm's diary. // Computer Weekly;10/24/2002, p64
Presents views of the author on several information technology based products. Benefits of wireless local area networks; Importance of radio ports for people using laptops.
- Heinz condenses 47 varieties into one with voice/data
convergence. Adshead, Antony // Computer Weekly;10/28/2003, p51
VoIP network replaces separate telecommunications and LANs at 47 European sites. Food manufacturer Heinz has implemented a converged voice and data network that will bring a 10% saving in operational costs and allow a Europe-wide reorganisation of its IT infrastructure. Under a contract with...