Business Process Management in UK Financial Services
- Financial reform plan raises questions. Hoffmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;05/26/97, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p27
Declares that a plan for financial services reform in the United States is the subject of much uncertainty in the insurance industry. Introduction of the plan by Treasury Secretary, Robert Rubin; Advantages of the proposed plan; Impact of the lack of legislative language in the plan; Major...
- Building business equity by managing relationships. Bowen Jr., John J. // Financial Planning;Sep97, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p177
Emphasizes the importance of building client relationship management to building equity in an asset management business. Significance of contact management software to smaller financial firms; Considerations for contact management software developers; Usefulness of sales force automation to...
- Process reengineering: No cure-all, but a valuable tool. Kirsch, Arthur W. // American Banker;9/15/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 178, p14
Opinion. Discusses business process reengineering (BPR) as a management approach for financial service companies. Debate over the value of BPR; Use of BPR to create an organizational culture that sustains superior organizational performance; Unsatisfactory results of using BPR; Preferences of...
- Managing Field Organizations For Outstanding Results. Goff Jr., William N. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/16/99, Vol. 103 Issue 33, p27
Discusses the challenge of managing field organizations to achieve outstanding results in the financial services industry of the United States. Vital defense for a company; Deciding factor for an agent to stay or leave that the field manager can create; Six characteristic drivers of climate of...
- The Key in Wealth Management Is to Find the Appropriate Model. Chintala, Raghu S. // American Banker;1/18/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 13, p17
Focuses on the challenges and opportunities in wealth management. Increase in the number of consumers relying on professional financial advisers; Influence of relationship managers on client behavior; Creation of business model.
- FPA's Best-Kept Secret. Ritchlin, Lance // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p8
The article discusses the way in which people involved with the financial services industry use practice management.
- The business of banking. Liyakasa, Kelly // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/26/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p18
The article provides an answer to a question of what business-friendly initiatives are being taken by the financial services industry amidst credit crunch.
- Crashing the nonprofit party. Longo, Tracey // Financial Planning;Jul98, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p103
Focuses on charitable contribution activities of business enterprise management in the United States. Details on charitable giving in US; Information on fidelity charges; Charity giving in financial services industry.
- Agents Size Up Challenges Of Running A Business. Prince, Russ Alan // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;11/15/99, Vol. 103 Issue 46, p33
Discusses the challenges and pressure of managing a financial service company. Information on the increasing income of the company; Details on the revenue-generating activity of the firms; Problems in maintaining the status of business.
- INDEPENDENT VIEW. // Money Marketing;3/7/2002, p37
Comments on the management of financial services industry in Great Britain. Discussion on the pensions misselling scandal of Equitable Life; Observations on the qualification of managers in the industry; Comparison with prison management issues.