Businesses feal cost of new Disability Legislation
- Willing and enabled. Griffiths, Ward // People Management;08/13/98, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p27
Reports on the British government's proposals for the establishment of a disability rights commission (DRC) to back up the Disability Discrimination Act. Implications of the proposals; Expected response to the move to a DRC; Findings of a survey about people's views on disability.
- Handicapped Clause May Protect Gays.. // Advocate;6/30/76, Issue 193, p9
Discusses the protection of gays by a regulation which bans discrimination against handicapped persons in the U.S. Coverage of employment policies for a federal agency.
- LEGAL. Javaid, Makbool // Community Care;11/18/2004, Issue 1549, p50
Offers views on amendments to the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 in England. Requirement of the act on employers; Information on harassment as a form of discrimination.
- Free legal services to fight disability cases. Overell, Stephen // People Management;12/5/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 24, p7
Reports on Britain's top lawyers who are waiving their fees to help disabled people enforce the Disability Discrimination Act. Advantage of the move for the disabled people; Key failure of the Disability Discrimination Act; Reaction of the leading employer's group in the field of disability to...
- Prescription Medication Policies Prompt ADA Claims. Kozlowski, James C. // Parks & Recreation;Jan2002, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p33
Discusses court cases in the United States on policies which attempt to avoid discrimination against people with disability in schools. Implementation of the Americans With Disabilities Act; Details of a case filed by Allen and Debra DeBord against the Fergusson Florissant School District's...
- How the act will affect you. Arkin, Anat // People Management;11/16/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 23, p20
Summarizes the key provisions of Disability Discrimination Act in London, England. Impact on employers; Scope of the act; Definitions of disability according to the act; Code of employment practice.
- Small firms `to lose immunity from DDA' Overell, Stephen // People Management;12/04/97, Vol. 3 Issue 24, p10
Reports that a year after the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) came into force, the British government looks set to expand its scope. Changes that will be made on the DDA; Terms under the DDA; Evaluation on the first year of DDA. INSET: Major cases brought under the Disability...
- Commission on disability rights set to enforce DDA. Welch, Jilly // People Management;08/13/98, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p16
Reports that the various predicted cases supported by the proposed disability rights commission will relieve many firms that are still confused over the reach of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 in Great Britain. Comments from Dennis Ray, employee relations manager for BT Networks and...
- ADA -- Take 2. Cava, Anita // Business & Economic Review;Jan-Mar2002, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p21
Discusses the developments in the Americans with Disabilities Act that protects disabled persons from discrimination in a wide range of life activities. Reasonable accommodation to qualified job applicant with disability; Role of seniority; Job-related relief.