Employees choosing work over perks
- Compensation, Benefits and Work Schedules. Siegel, Gilbert B. // Public Personnel Management;Summer89, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p176
Discusses the theory and practice of compensation, benefits and work schedules in personnel management. Use of a job evaluation system on employees; Concerns on the issue of comparable worth; Basis of pay for knowledge on jobs.
- Index posits hard standards to measure soft benefit. Elswick, Jill // Employee Benefit News;Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p1
Reports on an attempt by U.S. authorities to define the value of work-life benefits. Misconceptions on ways to balance work and life; Factors that affect a company's benefits program; Action taken by the Center for Work & Family to help companies comply with work-life benefits.
- Hard times unlikely to soften worker programs. Kleiman // Las Vegas Business Press;11/22/99, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p17
Comments on the growth of work/life benefits in corporations across the United States . Concerns raised over the fate of employee programs should economic conditions worsen; Impact of downsizing on companies' work/life benefits.
- turn back the clock. // Working Mother;Oct2008, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p106
The article shares the author's views on the next generation of work/life benefits for working mothers in the U.S. The author hopes to see that work hours will change to 9 AM to 3 PM so that parents could be with their children during after-school activities and help with the homework without...
- Finding balance between work, family. Rodgers, Cathy McMorris; Johnson, Amy // Journal of Business (10756124);6/12/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 13, pA8
The authors reflect on a U.S. federal law that seeks to find balance between work and family. They relate that existing federal laws prevent private sector employers from allowing working parents to spend more time with their families. They reveal that the proposed Friendly Workplace Act will...
- Graphicast Inc. // Business NH Magazine;Dec2009, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p44
The article presents a corporate profile for Graphicast Inc., a manufacturer of precision machined zinc allow castings in Jaffrey, New Hampshire. The company, which employs 28 workers, permits adjustments to employees' working hours to accommodate their family needs. Moreover, it offers several...
- Alter perks' complexion. // Employee Benefits;Sep2005, p9
Reports on the opportunity of L'Occitane en Provence employees to claim cash back for chiropody treatments in Great Britain. Revision of leave provisions; Introduction of paid wedding leave of two days and offers day off to care for dependants; Terms of the healthcare cash plan.
- Have a rant…. // Personnel Today;5/8/2007, p11
The author reflects on the suggestion of the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) to give employees paid time off to quit smoking habit. According to the author, he was aghast at the guidance issued by NICE to let staff attend smoking cessation clinics in work hours and...
- How to...effect changes to working hours. // People Management;7/10/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 14, p50
Presents suggestions for British employers on dealing with changes in working patterns. Assessment of the potential impact of the changes on employees; Problem created by a failure to consult employees about contract changes; Importance of considering the benefits of employees. INSETS: GOOD...