Quick Hits: Sex in the News
- The Day I Will Never Forget. Ehiri, John E. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;8/3/2005, Vol. 294 Issue 5, p627
Reviews the documentary film "The Day I Will Never Forget," by Kim Longinotto.
- The Day I Will Never Forget: An Unforgettable Film about Female Genital Mutilation. Kolucki, Barbara // Feminist Europa;2010, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p89
No abstract available.
- The case against female circumcision. Murphy, Marina // New Scientist;10/5/2002, Vol. 176 Issue 2363, p10
Focuses on the effect of female circumcision on the frequency of sexual intercourse and level of sexual pleasure. Health problems associated with female circumcision; Improvement of reproductive health; Reduction of promiscuity.
- The Day I Will Never Forget. Elley, Derek // Variety Movie Reviews;12/13/2002, p11
The article reviews the documentary film "The Day I Will Never Forget," directed by Kim Longinotto.
- REVERSING A BRUTAL ACT. Gillen, Sally // Nursing Standard;6/15/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p62
Award-winning midwife Yana Richens has made an educational DVD about female genital mutilation. Sally Gillen reports.
- The Day I Will Never Forget. Holzberg, Carol // Booklist;4/15/2004, Vol. 100 Issue 16, p1458
Reviews the documentary â€˜The Day I Will Never Forget.â€™
- Quick Hits: Sex in the News. // Contemporary Sexuality;Aug2006, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p8
The article presents news briefs related to sex. Girls at a Bronx junior high school demanded that sex education should be taught at their school. Abstinence-only sex education will be taught in Kansas schools. The classification of homosexuality as a mental disorder by the U.S. Department of...
- THE DAY I WILL NEVER FORGET (Film). Elley, Derek // Variety;12/23/2002, Vol. 389 Issue 6, p26
Reviews the motion picture 'The Day I Will Never Forget,' directed by Kim Longinotto.
- 'I hope you die painfully': vile abuse aimed at anti-FGM women. Anna Davis // Evening Standard;11/14/2013, p5
CAMPAIGNERS against female genital mutilation have been subjected to vile threats and abuse since they took part in a documentary about their fight.