N.Y. Liberty, Amtrak Bond Champion Retiring From Congress
- Houghton Unveils NYC Bond Recovery Plan. // Bond Buyer;12/3/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31276, p7
Reports on the introduction of a legislation for issuance of private-activity bonds by Representative Amo Houghton in New York City. Amount of the bonds; Use of the bonds for reconstruction of offices and other buildings; Similarity of the legislation to the private-activity bond provision in...
- Part-time Legislature Deserves Defending. // Business Journal (Central New York);08/18/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p26
Editorial. Supports the concept of part-time legislators in New York. Exposure of members to adversity that creates the need for laws; Failure of lawmakers to see how their rules can create nuisance paperwork; Possible conflicts of interest.
- State Senate approves identity theft legislation. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/13/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 15, p24A
Reports on legislative and regulatory developments in New York state as of April 13, 2001. Inclusion of the state Senate's passage of a bill targeting identity theft as a distinct felony; New York Metropolitan Transportation Council's plans regarding public meetings for input on its draft plan...
- LI'$ fact$. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/16/96, Vol. 43 Issue 38, p1
Suggests a way to cut New York State legislature costs by changing to a unicameral legislature to make state government easier to watch and more responsible.
- New worry for congressmen. // Crain's New York Business;6/17/96, Vol. 12 Issue 25, p42
Presents events related to law and legislation in New York. Outlawing of congressional districts in Texas and North Carolina; Bipartisan agreement on the proposed Brooklyn Sportsplex; Contenders to city transportation commissioner Lee Sander.
- Conservatives rate legislators for support Pataki on important issues. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/27/95, Vol. 6 Issue 41, p33
Reports on the 1995 Legislative ratings released by the Conservative Party. Observations of Michael R. Long, Conservative Party State chairman, on the conservative bent of the New York State Legislature; Overall ratings; Legislators' support for Governor George Pataki; Party's influence on the...
- Orange County briefs. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;07/05/99-07/19/99, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p3
Reports on political developments in New York State as of July 1999. Includes the approval of Senator Thomas P. Morahan's bills on helping veterans and aiding animals; Extension of the Local Government Records Management Improvement Fund; Proposal for a temporary commission on the 50th...
- AT DEADLINE. // Crain's New York Business;10/9/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p1
Reports political and business developments in New York as of October 2000. Includes the creation of an organization to support the passage of a transportation bond; Interest of officials to achieve control over Governor's Island; Decline of share prices of Internet company Razorfish Inc.
- Pay-as-you-go vs. Debt: N.Y.S. examines funding options. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;04/26/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30627, p28
Reports on plans of New York State to revise its policies regarding issuance of municipal bonds. Agreement among the state's political leaders regarding the need for bond policy reforms; Proposals made by the state's political leaders.