Special Masters: Arkansas Falling Short in Implementing School Funding Laws
- Court again strikes down Wyo. finance system. Miller, Laura // Education Week;11/22/95, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p10
Discusses the decision of the Wyoming Supreme Court which ruled the state's school-funding system unconstitutional. Court's order that the legislature conduct a study to determine the elements of a complete education package; Failure of the state to afford equal protection as mandated by the...
- LEGISLATIVE UPDATE. // Education Week;08/02/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p28
Presents a roundup of legislative developments concerning school finance in a number of states in the United States as of August 2, 2000. Inclusion of a Delaware budget allotment for the implementation of an educator accountability system; Vermont budget provisions to contain special education...
- School-funding solution remains far from legislative reality. Jacobson, Alf // New Hampshire Business Review;03/09/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p11
Discusses the issues concerning school funding legislation in New Hampshire. Critical areas of education financing; Opinions of politicians on the state' system of funding education; Implication of the proposed constitutional amendment on schools in the state.
- Bills to close funding gap fall by wayside in Ill. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;6/19/96, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p18
Reports on the provision on the Illinois state budget for $52.5 million to be used for block grants that will be divided among all school districts based on enrollment. Failure to close gaps in per-pupil spending in the state; Total elementary and secondary education budget for fiscal 1997.
- N.H. Republicans Suggest School Funding Amendment. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;02/28/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31086, p3
Reports that New Hampshire Republican legislators have proposed a constitutional amendment on school funding to alleviate funding crisis in the state. Provisions of the legislative proposal; Requirement for the proposal to be enacted into law.
- More Aid Alloted To Help Schools Meet Standards. Richard, Alan // Education Week;7/11/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p25
Reports on South Carolina legislators' approval of the state education budget which will minimize tuition hikes in the state. Amount relegated for education; Increase in the appropriation for early childhood education in the state.
- Schools to get $60M. // New York Amsterdam News;11/18/99, Vol. 90 Issue 47, p49
Focuses on a legislation that would extend expiring tax provisions and provide additional funding for public schools in New York. Provisions on qualified zone academy bonds; Schools eligible to obtain funds under the legislative measure.
- School Masters Sworn. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/21/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32158, p31
The article reports that Arkansas Supreme Court swore in former Supreme Court Justices Bradley D. Jesson and David Newbern as masters, charging them with determining whether legislative efforts to rewrite school funding laws have met the dictates included in a 2002 high court ruling. In that...
- Plan Your Budget for Five Years. Briscoe, William S. // Education Digest;Dec1956, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p24
This article focuses on the classification of basic to effective five-year budget planning as the master planning of the school program in the U.S. Such planning should include five-year educational and personnel plans, a long-time building plan, a five-year financial plan including projected...