Florida Schools Board Selling $97M Of Capital Improvement COPs
- Palm Beach County, Fla., Schools End Heavy Year With $193M COP Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/10/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31529, p4
Reports that the Palm Beach County, Florida, School Board will end its debt issuance with the sale of multi-million dollars of 20-year certificates of participation (COP). Name of the corporation managing the deal; Total outstanding amount of COPs as a result of the offering; Names of companies...
- Orange County, Fla., Schools Set Up $188 Million of COPs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/31/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31398, p3
Reports the sale Orange County School Board of fixed-rate and variable rate of certificates of participation (COP) in Florida. Use of the COP proceeds to renovate and replace schools; Reduction of the millage rate on property values; Funding mechanism for the capital program.
- Nebraska Readies $29 Million of COPs and Short-Term Bonds. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31304, p3
Reports on deals set by Nebraska state to sell certificates of participation (COP) worth multimillion dollars, in an effort to save money in light of budget shortfalls faced by the state. Finance upgrades to be made possible by the sale of COP; Bonds to be issued by the Nebraska State College...
- To Boost Supply, San Francisco Going Ahead With COP Sale. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;9/18/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31225, p6
Reports on plans of the city and county of San Francisco in California to move ahead with a competitive sale of certificates of perticipation (COP). Use of proceeds from the sale; Bond ratings for the tax-exempt COPs; Financial advisor for the deal.
- Broward county, Fla., Schools Selling $200 Million in COPs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/16/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32382, p31
The article reports that the School Board in Broward County, Florida has planned to sell its certificates of participation to various institutions across the state. Proceeds of the sales will be used to build new elementary and high schools. The district holds retail sales on the...
- Florida District Goes COP Route With 1st Variable-Rate Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/24/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31684, p30
Reports that Polk County, Florida School Board has been preparing to close its first variable-rate deal for certificates of participation (COP) sale. Name of the company which insured the COP deal; Terms of swap agreement signed for the deal; Effect of interest rate exchange agreement of the...
- Two-Pronged COP Deal Contains Broward County Schools' 1st Swap. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/10/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31902, p1
Reports on the plan of Broward County School Board to negotiate the sale of certificates of participation (COP) in Bradenton, Florida. Inclusion of the first variable-rate deal and swap; Schedule of the pricing of COP; Maturity of COP.
- Osceola County COPs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31354, p41
Reports on the plan of Osceola County School Board to sell certificates of participation in a negotiated deal led by Salomon Smith Barney Inc. Insurance coverage provided by Ambac Assurance Corp.; Credit ratings assigned by several rating agencies.
- Miami-Dade District Sets $538M Issue. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/8/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32874, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Miami-Dade County School Board to offer $537.6 million of certificates of participation (COP) in a single deal in Florida. Florida school district treasurer Silvia Rojas states that the single fixed-rate series offering with 25-year maturities will be sold...