MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, April 6
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p6
Presents graphs depicting swap rates of municipal bonds in the U.S. as of November 9, 2004.
- Municipals Follow Treasuries Down. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;6/13/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32152, p2
The article informs that with traders reporting spotty activity, municipal bonds on Friday followed Treasuries lower in a correction that began on Thursday when the chairman of the Federal Reserve Board said policymakers plan to continue raising the federal funds rate.
- Borrowing May Return to D.C.'S School Modernization Plan. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p4
The article reports on the opinion of analysts that the District of Columbia will have to issue bonds it if plans to proceed with the one-billion-dollar school modernization projects over a decade. This is after last week's revenue projections for city proved disappointing. The latest revenue...
- Detroit's Fiscal Health Depends on Speedy Trial: Attorneys. Devitt, Caitlin // Bondbuyer.com;9/20/2013, p22
The article discusses Detroit, Michigan lawyers' arguments about the city's need tor quick resolution of its Chapter 9 case since its fiscal recovery and its ability to secure financing depend on a prompt decision on whether the city will officially be granted bankruptcy protection. Topics...
- Oakland Puts Off Bonding. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;6/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32399, p35
The article reports that Oakland may not market another bond issue under a 2002 voter-approved authorization called Measure DD until 2007, if it will sell less than $100 million of the debt. Measure DD approved the sale of $198 million in debt for water and parks projects throughout the city....
- Michigan Passes Slate of Laws Affecting Local Bond Issuance. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;12/29/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33441, p8
The article reports on the debt-related laws that affect the bond issuance for local government in Michigan. It states that the law passed by legislators and signed by Governor Jennifer Granholm will allow local governments, facing high dept, to refinance at a net present-value loss. An overview...
- Light New-Issue Calendar Leads Munis to Finish Little Changed. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/27/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32120, p2
The article reports that after a mid-morning weakening due to a reversal in Treasuries, the municipal bond market managed to finish little change on April 26, 2005, supported by crossover buying and a relatively light new-issue calendar led by a $238 million tourist development tax revenue...
- Southwest Invisible Supply. // Bond Buyer;5/3/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32124, p30
The article presents a chart depicting information related to forthcoming bonds in the Southwestern region of the U.S.
- New York State Issuers on Pace to Issue $900 Million Less in 2d Quarter Debt. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;4/6/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32355, p6
The article reports on the new money debt to be issued by New York state and local government borrowers for the second quarter of 2006. The issuers are to release 900 million dollars less debt than the 4.4 billion dollars of municipal bonds sold for the second quarter of 2005. The month of April...