Munis Firm as Buyers' Interest Gains; Puerto Rico, Calif. PWB Deals Price
- Muni Traders Set for $7.9B of New Supply. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;10/20/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34396, p1
Municipal bond traders were awaiting the kick-off of this week's primary slate, topped by $1 billion of bonds coming from New York City's Transitional Finance Authority.
- Atlanta GOs on Hold. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p31
Reports that the Atlanta, Georgia, City Council has postponed taking action on the city's planned sale of general obligation bonds which will be used to cover capital needs. Options considered by the city in selling the bonds.
- N.Y.C. to Sell $525 Million of General Obligation Bonds. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;08/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30958, p36
Reports on New York City's plan to issue general obligation bonds in September and October 2000. City's plan to sell fixed-rate tax-exempt, variable-rate tax-exempt and taxable new money bonds; Sale of a small amount of refunding bonds in September.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Peacock, Wayne; Vadum, Matthew; McKaig, Ryan; Floyd, Daniel F.; HIgginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;02/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31070, p32
Presents news briefs pertaining to public finance and municipal bonds in the Northeastern States as of February 5, 2001. Budget surplus announced by Connecticut Comptroller Nancy Wyman for fiscal 2001; Montgomery County, Maryland's plan to sell general obligation consolidated public improvement...
- Surprise! Arizona City, Sports Authority Bonding for Ballparks. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;03/27/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31105, p3
Reports on the Arizona Tourism and Sports Authority's plan to issue revenue bonds to finance a Major League Baseball spring training camp and a new National Football League stadium. Amount of bonds to be issued; Number of issues planned by the authority in 2001.
- Wish Us Luck: Sacramento County to Sell Trans With 13-Month Maturity. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;06/01/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31151, p56
Focuses on Sacramento, California's plan to competitively issue tax and revenue anticipation notes using a 13-month maturity. Arimax Financial Advisors' selection as the financial adviser for the deal; Reasons why some investors are backing away from 15-month maturities.
- Southwest bond-watch. Preston, Darrell; Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;01/12/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30556, p28
Examines the status of municipal bonds and other financial matters in the Southwestern States as of January 12, 1999. Includes Fitch IBCA's upgrading of New Mexico Finance Authority's $46 million bonds; PaineWebber Inc.'s receipt of a contract for $30 million general obligation bonds from the...
- Market Embraces Sacramento's Uncommon Lease Deal. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;07/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30932, p3
Reports that the municipal bond market has received Sacramento, California's uninsured lease-backed deal with competitive rates and yields. Value of the lease deal; Sacramento's identification of assets to back the 2000 capital improvement revenue bonds.
- Two Jacksonville, Fla., Deals Hit the Market Today. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;05/23/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31145, p4
Reports on Jacksonville, Florida's sale of fixed-rate bonds that will begin with a voter-approved building, improvement, and transportation program. JEA's sale of variable-rate electric system revenue bonds; Lead manager and bond counsel for the deals.