NEWS IN BRIEF
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, October 7. // Bond Buyer;10/8/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31986, p2
Presents tables depicting the forecasts of economic indicators and the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of October, 7, 2004.
- Munis Slightly Weaker, Following Treasuries. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/2/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32848, p2
The article reports on the performance of the U.S. municipal market for April 1, 2008. The 10-year treasury note opens at 3.41 percent but closes at 3.56 percent as well as the two-year note which opens and closes at 1.59 and 1.81 percent. Furthermore, economists predicted 50,000 job loss and...
- Richardson, Tex., to Bring $89 Million Offering to Market. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/3/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32415, p4
The article reports the intent of officials of Richardson, Texas to offer general obligation bonds and certificates of obligation. The transaction is structured as serial bonds with a final maturity in 2026. Most of the proceeds will be used to finance street improvements, parks, municipal...
- Buffalo Fiscal Agency Gets $145M in Cash Flow Borrowing. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31888, p4
Reports on the approval of state lawmakers to the cash-flow borrowing authority of Buffalo Fiscal Stability Authority in Buffalo, New York. Total value of the cash flow borrowing; Purpose of the fund; Alternative provisions of the approved legislation for the city's bonds.
- Broward Health Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31888, p33
Reports on the increase in the amount of bonds the Health Facilities Authority can issue in Broward County, Florida.
- Munis End 2005's Last Full Session Mixed. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/30/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32289, p2
The article reports developments on municipal bonds and Treasuries in the U.S. Such bonds declined briefly when a 20 billion dollars auction of year-Treasury notes got a slow reception. The notes offered a coupon at a price of 99.94, indicating stronger demand than the 2.16 ratio at the last...
- Triple-A Maryland County Selling $200M of Fixed-and Variable-Rate GOs. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;5/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32377, p28
The article reports on Montgomery County, Maryland's plan to issue general obligation bonds on May 9, 2006. The county plans to sell its paper in two tranches of $100 million, one with a fixed rate and the other with a variable rate. Lehman Brothers and Bear, Stearns & Co. are co-underwriting...
- North Carolina $300 Million GO Deal Garners Aggressive, Close Bidding. Monsarrat, Sean; DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;08/24/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30961, p3
Reports on North Carolina's sale of general obligation bonds in August 23, 2000. Aggressive bidding for the bonds; Merrill Lynch & Co.'s winning of the deal; Cover bid from Goldman, Sachs & Co.; Other bidders.
- Web deal may usher in more competitive sales in Colorado. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;01/25/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30814, p26
Reports on the efforts of the government of Boulder County, Colorado to raise funds for its initiatives. Scheduled sale of open-spaces; Use of electronic bidding on private-label Web sites; Financial adviser Bigelow & Co.'s establishment of the auction site; Pressure from financial services...