Several University Presses Fight For Survival
- Northeastern Univ. Press Joins UPNE. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;12/13/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 50, p13
Reports that the Northeastern University Press has joined the University Press of New England consortium in Lebanon, New Hampshire in November 2004. Reason behind the closure of the offices of Northeastern University Press in January 2005; Number of books to be released by Northeastern in...
- With its own plant, it's full steam ahead at Northeastern University. Skaer, Mark // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/6/93, Vol. 190 Issue 14, p38
Reports on creation of low-pressure steam heating-distribution system by Northeastern University in Boston. Number of students; Most difficult challenges in the conversion process; Starting date of Phase I of the project; Challenges while performing the work of Phase II; Final chapter of the...
- Silver citation. // American School & University;Aug96, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p28
Features the interior design of the Northeastern University's Carl S. Ell Student Center located in Boston, Massachusetts. Sasaki Associates as the architectural renovating firm; Upgrading of all building systems; Modification of the circulation system.
- An activity crossroad. // American School & University;Dec96, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p14
Focuses on the renovation of the student center at Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts. Facilities; Circulation and accessibility modifications; Sasaki Associates as designer.
- The downsizing of academia. // FW;3/15/94, Vol. 163 Issue 6, p46
Features the downsizing efforts of Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts. Economic conditions that led to the decision to streamline; Elimination of academic programs; Reduction in personnel; Benefits of the downsizing.
- Northeastern U. bans Chick-fil-A from Student Center. Wareham, Hannah Clay // Bay Windows;3/1/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p1
The article reports that Student Government Association (SGA) of Northeastern University voted 31 to 5 denouncing a proposal to add Chick-fil-A, a fast food restaurant to the Student Center after learning of donations the chain made to anti-gay organizations.
- With Chartwells Line-Up: New marketplace at Northeastern. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p2
Addresses the marketplace concept at the Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts. Comments from director of dining services Michael J. Vigna; Offerings of the marketplace; Schedule opening and closing.
- Restaurant Dining at Meal Plan Prices. // Food Management;Apr2000, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p86
Focuses on the renovation of the Stetson East Marketplace at Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts. Conversion of the dining hall into a restaurant-type atmosphere; Expansion of the food selection; Cost of renovation.
- A well-rounded athletic facility. // American School & University;May97, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the completion of the Marino Recreation Center at Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts. Square footage of the facility; Cost of the construction; Features of the sports facility.