Rodale And Simon & Schuster Expect Sizzling Diet Cookbook Sales
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;8/10/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 32, p3
This section offers news briefs related to the publishing industry. Sales at Simon & Schuster dropped 2.5 percent in the second quarter of 2009, while the company's operating income dropped 58.2 percent. Publishing revenue at Marvel Entertainment also dropped from 31.8 million U.S. dollars to...
- Kaplan Publishing Increases Educational Titles as it Dissolves S&S Partnership. // Book Publishing Report;Jan2007, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the increase of the educational titles published by Kaplan Publishing as it partners with Simon & Schuster Inc. in the U.S. The company has published a total of 227 titles in 2006 which 152 titles are on the education side and 75 are on the business segment. It is stated...
- At Home on the Range. // Oklahoma Today;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p74
The article features Molly Wizenberg, a restaurant owner, blogger and an author. She says she grew up in a family of avid home cooks. Her love of the kitchen and cooking prompted her to start a food blog, Orangette in 2004. The success of her blog resulted to many opportunities such as monthly...
- Sales Rise at S&S. // Publishers Weekly;5/5/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 18, p13
Reports an increase in the sales of Simon & Schuster during the quarter ending March 31, 2003. Bestselling children's books; Significance of the increased sales to chief executive officer Jack Romanos.
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;8/8/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 31, p20
Presents news briefs concerning publishers and publishing in the U.S. as of August 2005. Estimated number of attendees of the 2005 Comic-con International show; Sales of Simon & Schuster in the second quarter of 2005; Percentage increase of the sales of Time Warner Book Group.
- Simon & Schuster Revenues Down 8.6% During The Second Quarter. // Book Publishing Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p4
Reports on publishing house Simon & Schuster's financial performance during the second quarter of 2000. Decline in the company's revenues; Restructuring costs related to the company's becoming a stand-alone publisher; Preparation to launch several big titles during the second half of the year.
- S&S Makes Adult Pocket Books And Trade Division One 900-Title Group. // Book Publishing Report;02/05/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p4
Reports that Simon and Schuster is splitting up its Pocket Books, combining the adult imprints with its Trade Division and making the Young Readers imprints part of its Children's Publishing Division. Intended purpose for the company's move; Optimism of company officials that their decision to...
- Viacom Hangs 'Not For Sale Sign' on S&S, Moves To Make It More Interesting. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;2/4/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the movement of Simon & Schuster (S&S) Inc. to the Viacom Entertainment Group in New York City. Effects of corporate synergy on the publishing program of S&S; Relationship of S&S to other film and television studios; Revenue of S&S.
- Pocket Books divides units to facilitate expansion in markets. // Book Publishing Report;09/27/99, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p4
Reports on changes implemented at Simon & Schuster's Pocket Books unit. Division of the adult publishing program into distinct mass market paperback and hardcover and trade paperback divisions; Creation of a new position to oversee the hardcover and trade paperback division; Realignment of...