Book Producers Quicken Publishing Cycle To Stay Current
- Vongo Begins to Bang Drum. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;6/12/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p24
Reports on the capability of video-download service Vongo to join the Internet video download competition. Details of the online service offered by Vongo; Difficulties in linking the computer to the TV; Reaction of the cable industry to the issue.
- Oz networks maneuver for upcoming season. Groves, Don // Variety;11/22/2004, Vol. 397 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on the rivalry between Seven, Nine and Ten web networks in Australia. Apology spoken by Seven chairman Kerry Strokes for the anticipated decline in ratings; Stance of Nine programming director Michael Healy on the issue; Television programs which will be shown by Ten in 2005.
- Improving quality may help to boost streaming media. Dawson // Multichannel News;12/20/99, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p61
Reports on competitive pressures from Web-based media providers on cable strategists in the United States. Gains in streaming performance at sub-megabit-per-second speeds; Combining of low-bit-rate streaming technologies and new means of bypassing Internet bottlenecks.
- On Data Front, Service Makes the Difference. Frey, Rod // Multichannel News;1/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p49
Discusses the competition in the telecommunications marketplace for Internet customers in 2005. Differences between cable and its competitors; Strategies required for cable companies to compete in the industry; Factors that enhance customer experience.
- Untitled. // MediaWeek;1/3/94, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p9
Reports on cable television and publishing industry-related news. Promotion of Ed Frazier as president of Liberty Sports network; Naming of Carol Davis as marketing director of `Soap Opera Digest' magazine; Elaine R. Clisham's joining of the `New York Post' as classified advertising director;...
- On Cable. Chamberlain, Leslie; B.K. // Library Journal;11/15/1981, Vol. 106 Issue 20, p2221
Reviews the periodical 'On Cable,' edited by Peter Funt.
- Newsmagazines lose their balance. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;5/16/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p1
The article reports that a tough advertising market hammered the weekly newsmagazines in the first four months of this year. All three titles experienced a sharp drop in advertising pages and revenue, on top of an overall decline in single-copy newsstand sales over the last two years. Publishers...
- Web reality. // Advertising Age;11/25/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 48, p12
The article focuses on the profit potentials of Web publishing. According to the author, the story of CNN should serve as example for people planning to enter the Web publishing business. The author also recommended several steps that should be taken by Web publishing and cable network businesses.
- Cable Competition Waltzes Across Texas. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;08/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p3
Focuses on the competition among cable television networks in Texas. Participation of the Western Integrated Networks LLC, Grande Communications and WideOpen West (WOW) LLC franchises; Implications of the competition for the consumers; Details on the Forth Worth agreement with WOW; Preparation...