$145M In New Financing Lifts Financial Burden At K-12 Supplemental Publisher WRC Media
- WRC Media's Q3 Revenue Grows, Spurred by AGS, Compass Learning. // Educational Marketer;12/6/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 34, p4
Reports on the revenue growth by K-12 supplemental publisher WRC Media Inc. of New York City. Rebound in sales for the Compass Learning unit of the company; Progress of its largest unit, American Guidance Service; Advancement of the testing and assessment segment.
- WRC Media Revenue Falls 3% in '03, Company Seeks New Financing. // Electronic Education Report;2/6/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p5
Reports on a decline in the revenue of New York-based K-12 supplemental publisher WRC Media Inc. in 2003. Percentage decline in revenue at the company's instructional software business, CompassLearning; Improvement in the company's operating performance during the period; Company's pursuit of...
- WRC Media Releases Mixed Year-End Report. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/23/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the decline in total sales of WRC Media, a supplementary educational publisher for the fiscal year 2003. Rate of increase in operating income; Comparison of the net loss of the company between 2002 and 2003; Percentage of sales at the company's operating segments; Appointment of Neal...
- As Part of Its Growth Strategy, WRC Media Adds Consumer Business Unit, Revamps Executive Suite. // Electronic Education Report;10/24/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the move done by New York-based supplemental curriculum and assessment publisher WRC Media Inc. to expand its operation. Purpose of the company's expansion of its operation; Creation of WRC Consumer and Sponsored Publishing unit; Reorganization of the company's executive suit.
- Soft Funding Leads to Staff Reductions at WRC Media. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/7/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 14, p10
Reports on a decrease in the total revenue of educational publisher WRC Media in 2002. Causes of the decline; Net loss posted by the publisher; Decision of WRC to downsize its workforce.
- Only Weekly Reader Posts Increase as WRC Media Revenue Declines. // Educational Marketer;2/9/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p5
Analyzes the financial performance of New York City-based K-12 supplemental publisher WRC Media for 2003. Decline in revenue; Company's effort to pursue new financing to help it meet its financial expectations. INSET: WRC Media Financial Results(1) Year End, Ended Dec. 31, 2003 ....
- WRC Media Adds Consumer Business Unit. // Book Publishing Report;11/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 43, p3
Reports on the reorganization plans of the supplemental curriculum publisher WRC Media Inc. in New York. Aim of the company to focus on consumers; List of businesses of the company; Expansion of the company.
- WRC Media Prepares For Tough Period. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/1/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 48, p9
Reports that the supplementary educational publisher WRC Media has instituted a headcount freeze for the remainder of 2003 to cope with what company CEO Martin Kenny called a challenging funding environment. Decline in total sales at the company for the third quarter of 2003; Factors which...
- WRC Media Faces Default on Credit Agreements; Revenue Declines. // Electronic Education Report;12/19/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 24, p4
Reports on the risk of K-12 supplemental education publisher WRC Media Inc. of failing to meet financial covenants of its credit agreements at the end of December 2003 in New York. Implication of the issue on the company's financial situation; Options evaluated by WRC in order to prevent the...