ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CS
- ARTS/ENTERTAINMENT. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/23/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p7
The article announces that the intensive directors laboratory "Utah Digital Directors Project" has been launched by the Salt Lake Film Society.
- Better images for less money. Parnham, Peter // Onfilm;Sep2012, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p12
The article discusses how to inexpensively obtain better images in digital filmmaking with the use of video camcorders. It mentions that affordable, large-sensor digital cameras offered by Canon, Sony, and Panasonic allow for a cinematic look which can be operated as standalone camcorders. An...
- Kiss and tell. Kane, Elric; Greenhough, Alexander // Onfilm;Jul2007, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p24
The article presents a discussion of the key aspects of the digital film "Kissy Kissy" from the directors/cinematographers of the film. According to Elric Kane, they shot the film in MiniDV on a Panasonic AG-DVX102A at 25p. He states that they adopted a fluid handheld camera style which allowed...
- COLLABORATION KEY TO HD. // Onfilm;Jul2007, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p24
The article discusses the highlights of a seminar sponsored by Panavision, DigiPost and CineGlue. More than 20 producers attended the seminar which was intended to cover every aspect of high-definition filmmaking. Roi McGregor discussed his experience in producing a TVC using a Genesis camera,...
- 3D Avatar - Shades of a New Cinema. // Image Technology;Dec2009, Vol. 91 Issue 12, p1
The article focuses on the use of Virtual Cinematography in the film "Avatar," directed by James Cameroon. As reported, Autodesk Inc's MotionBuilder was used in the film as a real-time render engine for motion capture and as a real time virtual camera. The movements of horses in the movie were...
- Buying Into Digital. Rock, Ben // Back Stage West;5/20/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p2-A
Focuses on digital filmmaking as an option for low-budget filmmakers in the United States. Camera system; Lighting as an issue of aesthetics; Protection of investment.
- Filmic imaginations of the Malaysian Chinese: 'Mahua cinema' as a transnational Chinese cinema. Raju, Zakir Hossain // Journal of Chinese Cinemas;2008, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p67
This essay locates the Chinese films of Malaysia within contexts ranging from the national to the transnational. First, it attempts to position the films of Chinese Malaysian film-makers alongside Malaysian national cinema as well as the Mahua (Malaysian Chinese) literature that developed in...
- Shootout in Albuquerque. // New Mexico Business Journal;Jul2005, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p40
Presents information on the Duke City Shootout contest of independent filmmaker Christopher Coppola's EARS XXI studio and the New Mexico-based Digital Filmmaking Institute to be held in Albuquerque from July 22 to 30, 2005. Judges in the contest; Prizes for winners; Mentors of screenwriters.
- Digital Sundance. Wisehart, Cynthia // Digital Content Producer;Feb2007, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p38
The article discusses the use of digital technology in the movies submitted by filmmakers at the Sundance Film Festival. The high definition video cameras offer much sophisticated video recording results. The author also reveals that the filmmakers at Sundance are more advanced about digital...