Tax Ballot Confusion
- Republic of Ireland: Tax Deadlines. Fennell, David // Accountancy Ireland;Dec2007, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p80
A calendar of tax planning and compliance deadlines events in Ireland for the December 2007 to January 2008 is presented. The Budget Day 2008 event on December 5, 2007, the revision of the Finance Act 2007 on January 1, 2008, and the due date for payment of preliminary tax.
- Stamp Duty Land Tax and you. Cushing, Karl // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/10/2005, Vol. 194 Issue 4365, p50
Presents information on the British Stamp Duty Land Tax system which is payable on the grant of a lease. Effectivity date of the Stamp Duty Land Tax system; Consequence of failure to comply with the system; Examples where substantial performance applies.
- WYOMING. // Property Tax Alert;May2009, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p7
The article focuses on a property tax case wherein the Wyoming State Board of Equalization said it did not have jurisdiction to consider an appeal regarding a taxpayer's valuation and the method of calculating the taxpayer's taxes because a final order has not been given by the county board of...
- TAX MORALE AND FISCAL AUTONOMY: EVIDENCE FROM GERMANY. Torgler, Benno; Werner, Jan // Public Finance & Management;Dec2005, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p460
Why people pay their taxes voluntarily is a key puzzle in the public finance literature. Some suggest that factors such as the level of tax morale, defined as the intrinsic motivation to pay taxes, affects compliance behaviour. While there have been numerous studies that have explored tax...
- Determinants of Tax Compliance in Asia: A case of Malaysia. Palil, Mohd Rizal; Mustapha, Ahmad Fariq // European Journal of Social Sciences;Sep2011, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p7
Since tax systems were introduced in Asia several centuries ago, the determinants of tax compliance were different among countries. This paper attempts to reveal the determinants of tax compliance in Malaysia in a self assessment system. The objective of this study is to identify the...
- REFORMING OF THE TAXATION OF PROPERTY. Derevenskova, M. G. // In the World of Scientific Discoveries / V Mire Nauchnykh Otkryt;2013, Issue 47.9, p90
World experiment is shown by the importance of such element of system of the taxation as the property taxation. Process of improvement of property taxes proceeds today at all levels of legislature, both on federal, and at regional level. For improvement of the taxation of property it is...
- Licensing landlords? GR team seeks remedy. Servaas, Lois // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/17/95, Vol. 13 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the options being considered by the Tax Foreclosure Process Improvement (TFPI) of Grand Rapids, Michigan in forcing building owners to pay taxes on residential and commercial properties. Inclusion of licensing in the Housing Code; Inclusion of the licensing requirement in the...
- A bitter disappointment. Fenn, Katharine; Ladbury, Jenny // Estates Gazette;4/23/2005, Issue 516, p139
Discusses the problem concerning stamp duty land tax compliance costs in Great Britain. Changes in stamp duty; Information on the problems encountered by lawyers in obtaining the certificate; Impact of delays in registration on a well-functioning commercial property market and cash flow.
- Some Thoughts on the Valuation of Closely Held Business Interests. Kragen, Adrian A. // California Law Review;Dec55, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p781
Examines the task of valuation of property for the purpose of the determination of tax liability and the valuation of closely held business interests. Overview of the provisions of the inheritance tax sections of the Revenue and Taxation Code of California; Restrictions for the market value for...